DIBELLA SIGNS SERGIO MORA... SERGIO MARTINEZ SHOT ON HORIZON?

Mofo2

Press Release: With his promotional company DiBella Entertainment (DBE) heavily involved in the middleweight division, Lou DiBella has officially announced the signing of former junior middleweight titlist Sergio "The Latin Snake" Mora (24-3-2, 7KO's). The original Contender Champion is coming off a unanimous ten-round decision over Grzegorz Proksa on ESPN's Friday Night Fights on June 28th of this year.

"I have always respected Lou for his bold ways and honesty," said Mora. "Lou is very knowledgeable and experienced and he is passionate and really cares about his fighters and the sport as a whole. Having the opportunity to work with someone like Lou is a blessing and an honor. I want to fight the top 160-pounders in the world, and THE best is Sergio Martinez, who just happens to also be promoted by Lou."

"Say what you want, but Mora is, and has been for many years, one of the most skilled middleweights in the world. His style has become much more appeasing at this stage of his career and coming off the big win over Proksa, he definitely factors into a major fight in the division sometime within the next 12 months," said promoter Lou DiBella.

The brash and colorful Mora reached the high point of his career when won the WBC light middleweight championship with a gusty upset via majority decision over the late, great Vernon Forrest in 2008. Mora would relinquish the title back to Forrest in his next bout and then see his career hit a standstill due to promotional issues. Mora is 2-2 in his last four bouts with both losses coming to Brian Vera.

An announcement regarding Mora's first fight under the DBE banner will be announced soon.

• WBF OG

i love that the title is in all caps, as if its some sort of special news or as if anyone gives a shit.

mora is a stinker.

• WBF OG

i love that the title is in all caps, as if its some sort of special news or as if anyone gives a shit.

mora is a stinker.

typical mexian stye

Seems every fight that gets made nowadays is labelled as shit....with all these shit fights being made it's a wonder any of us follow boxing :coffee

• WBF OG

no, the fights involving slick fighters are considered shit.

no one is saying rios vs pac is shit, no one is saying garcia vs mattysee is shit, and on and on.

• WBF OG

no, the fights involving slick fighters are considered shit.

Rios-Manny is a shit fight for 65 dollars, Alvarado lost at 140 now he's headlining a PPV doesn't make sense.

no one is saying rios vs pac is shit, no one is saying garcia vs mattysee is shit, and on and on.

Expensive is one thing, but action packed is another.  Rios/Manny will be exciting.  What does Alvarado losing have to do with exciting and headlining a PPV?  I rather pay to watch him than Alexander anyday.

• WBF OG

I like finito lopez, chavez, tyson, tito, julian jackson, barrera.

why would i waste my time watching two guys spoon on the canvas?  i can't stand ufc.

There are a lot of shitty fights on HBO.

Cloud-Stevenson

Vic-Donaire 2

Cotto-Delvin

That's HBO's schedule and it's pretty shitty

You got a Mares card, Fury-Haye,Prov-Alvarado, Floyd card and JMM-Bradley so there are good fights

I don't see any of them as shitty..if you want to see shitty, just look at the bodies the Klit Bros line up!

• WBF OG

wow, thats the first time i hear someone say that watching any of those fighters would get old.

Vic was on Mexican TV earlier this year and he wasn't even the main event, in the USA it's 190 a year and they are giving me Vic and Delvin I don't know what they are thinking. Oh and those Zou 6 rounders, shit fights are at a high

It doesn't necessarily mean the fight will stink the house out though, but I catch your drift!