Tony Thompson-Kubrat Pulev winner to get world title shot

Mofo2

There was a question about whether the IBF would agree to sanction the bout as a final eliminator, but Chris Meyer of Sauerland Event, which promotes Pulev, told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the organization has signed off on the bout, which will produce a mandatory challenger for champion Wladimir Klitschko, who makes a different mandatory defense against Alexander Povetkin on Oct. 5 in Moscow.

"We now have received the sanction approval by the IBF," Meyer said. "We will continue with our plan to stage the fight on Aug. 24." and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

Pulev and Thompson both signed for the bout last week, but it was contingent on the organization agreeing to sanction it, which it did Tuesday.

Price gassed last time out, nothing to do with the chin, on the contrary he was hit with some good shots and was still standing

• Members

Pulev doesn't impress me just like how Price winning prospect of the year was funny. One of us is racist.

Yea-YOU! You were the one who implied I was only behind Matthysse because Im Euro-the most ludicrous thesis I've heard so far. Thats what only a true racist would do.

• Members

You like GGG

You like Lucas

You like Kovalev

You like Pulev

You like Ruslan

Come on kid

And I also like Seth Mitchell. And Rigo. And Stevenson. And all those guys you listen happen to be GOOD.

• Members

And GGG is mostly Asian and Lucas would face discrimination in the USA but you consider them white, that's why you root for them. Put your avi where your mouth is.

...u still don't make any sense, chumpy.:wave

• Members

He's a fighter GGG won't fight Able Sanchez is making excuses saying GGG is to big of a star, GGG fears him like you fear every black person.

:rofl Man, your show just keeps on rolling. Keep it up, you are giving me great entertainment!:D

• Members

Why won't Golovkin fight black Americans is he scared?

Er...because his division isn't exactly overflowing with them currently? Save for Quillin (who is half Cuban) there isn't anyone at the top of that division right now.

• Members

Well Stevens is there and if GGG beats him New York will start saying Quillin a punk.

WHY should he fight Stevens? What did STEVENS do to earn that honour?? He needs to beat a few decent TRUE middleweights first, then maybe he will earn it. GGG has bigger fish to fry right now.:coffee

• Members

Who did Ishida, Rosado and Tapia beat?

You realize he's not Mayweather, he's not getting Quillin, Geale, Chavez or Murray so he should finally fight a guy who can hit back, do you know Stevens history? Do you think he is new?

And you got some nerve saying Stevens should fight true middleweights, Stevens made 168 pounders run he didn't pick on 154 pounders like Gaylovkin

Ishida beat Kirkland, Rosado beat Sechew Powell and SAUL ROMAN, the same guy your beloved Stevens beat, yet at Roman's best weight. I don't know nothing about Tapia, but who hasn't had a bum or a two on his resume?? You tellin' me none of YOUR favorite champions did? NOBODY fights 100% top fighters.

I'm quite enjoying the cat fight myself :coffee

has nothing to do with that , its all this hypothetical build up and tear downs

your little pet in a dust up is common :slobkilla

has nothing to do with that , its all this hypothetical build up and tear downs

your little pet in a dust up is common :slobkilla

I forgot you have never stirred things up a little, you tend to go along with everyone to avoid any fuss :wave lets forget it's the Internet and who really gives a shit anyways :coffee

I forgot you have never stirred things up a little, you tend to go along with everyone to avoid any fuss :wave lets forget it's the Internet and who really gives a shit anyways :coffee

like I said seems you live for the extra little tussles , that's what catches your eye

the boxing talk is what is embarrassing , but not like you would know :coffee

like I said seems you live for the extra little tussles , that's what catches your eye

the boxing talk is what is embarrassing , but not like you would know :coffee

I like the activity, that's the main thing for me on a forum with a small membership base, however regarding boxing talk, I forgot the only one who knows jack shit about boxing is you and your ladies Neil and mex :wave

I like the activity, that's the main thing for me on a forum with a small membership base, however regarding boxing talk, I forgot the only one who knows jack shit about boxing is you and your ladies Neil and mex :wave

I forget more than you'll ever know , we all know that but you can get your fancy all tickled as you wish. :cheah

I forget more than you'll ever know , we all know that but you can get your fancy all tickled as you wish. :cheah

Keep brushing your ego, that's all good with me :coffee