Alvarado-Provodnikov is 'made'

GRIM

Looks like another war is coming :ltup

Mike Alvarado and Ruslan Provodnikov have agreed to terms for an HBO-televised clash for Alvarado's 140-pound WBO belt that will take place at on Oct. 19 at the 1st Bank Center in Broomfield, Colo., near Alvardo's hometown of Thornton, Top Rank President Todd duBoef informed RingTV.com on Thursday.

Duboef broke the news on his Twitter acount: "Congrats to @MileHighMike303 for agreeing to terms for an Oct 19 match against @RuslanProvod on @HBO at Denver's 1st Bank Center."
"It just happened a second ago with Alvarado. It just got made," said duBoef. "Just as I was closing it with Mike Alvarado, I asked him, 'Do you want to tweet it out?' And he said, 'No, you tweet it out.' So I tweeted it out about seven minutes ago. Everyone has agreed to all of the terms."

Provodnikov is coming off a unanimous decision loss in March to WBO beltholder Tim Bradley, whom Provodnikov dropped in the 12th round. Alvarado was last in the ring for a unanimous-decision win over Brandon Rios in March that avenged his seventh-round stoppage loss to Rios in a Fight of The Year-caliber bout in October of last year.

"This is a great fight. Stylistically, it's a great a matchup as you're going to see," said duBoef of Alvarado-Provodnikov. "I mean, it's for the same reason that people were clamoring for Rios-Alvarado, this is just something that shows to everybody out there that if you take on the challenges, and you put on great performances, win or lose, you will always be giving the fans something that they want.
"Both Mike and Ruslan have had big matches where they lost, but they came back. Ruslan wants to come back after the Bradley fight. And he's getting the chance. He's got a great opportunity. You have a style like his, there will always be opportunities for you."
Although Provodnikov (22-2, 15 knockouts) already had agreed to face Alvarado (34-1, 23 KOs), the latter hadexpressed discontent over the money being offered by Top Rank, even as his co-manager, Henry Delgado, had expressed "faith that the fight will happen."

• Members

Alvarado has never gotten special treatment, Top Rank probably want Mike to lose so they don't have to give him Manny.

Doesn't matter, he's still American-Prov isn't.

• Members

If Arum goes to the judges and says favor this guy it won't be Mike and it won't matter where he is from

And why should Arum do that?

• Members

The same reason he claimed Alvarado was hurt and couldn't fight Manny it's not a fight Manny wants.

And why is that? Because he's not a big enough name or because he'd cause him too much trouble?

Great fight this, Prod is a quality boxer and very tough to break down, this should be toe to toe.....it's laughable you lot think Manny is ducking them both though :facepalm

Manny fought the loser of Raheem-Morales

Manny fought the loser of Rios-Alvarado

Manny fought Cotto at 145 after Margarito

Manny fought Margarito after Mosley beat his ass and caught him cheating

Manny fought Hatton after Floyd took his 0

Manny is the vulture

Yeah yeah yeah and Manny looked to fight Floyd but he ran and hid behind a web of lies that he spun to avoiding doing so :wave

Please Manny was a juicer add Oscar and Mosley to the list to Manny tricked people like you into excusing his test ducking

What was the date of the failed test?

Please Manny ducked testing stop being a Pactard

Manny has never tested positive as far as I Know, you obviously know different, so please tell me where and when???? Whilst you are there if you could tell me of any suspicions about Manny possibly juicing before Floyds team fed out the bullshit to the sheep that follow him to justify avoiding the fight?

Manny fought the loser of Raheem-Morales

Manny fought the loser of Rios-Alvarado

Manny fought Cotto at 145 after Margarito

Manny fought Margarito after Mosley beat his ass and caught him cheating

Manny fought Hatton after Floyd took his 0

Manny is the vulture

Well said/typed :yess

Manny has never tested positive as far as I Know,

Yep indeed! but most of the boxers that pass the commission's basic tests would flunk out on some "detailed" "random"  "Olympic style" "VADA" tests :tup

Floyd didn't invent the steroid talk it was always there, you might not hear it but I've even seen GGG steroid talk already

More bullshit....Floyd pointed the finger then refused to get on the stand to substantiate his allegations and the settlement cost him 114,000 in costs, so wake up and smell the coffee....your boy ran a country mile from any proposed fight and that my friend is a fact!

The two being likened together are a nonsense and always will be, Manny has met every single drug testing requirements that have been needed aswell as random testing during and before training camps on the build up to fights, if he refused testing that had been set by the governing bodies that would be a different matter but he was willing to go beyond the necessary systems put in place to secure a fight with Floyd, even after all the hullabaloo caused by the mayweather camp, it is beyond being illogical to buy into the allegations stirred up by floyd because he pointed a finger after Manny said he was running from a potential fight..the facts are and still remain that Manny has passed every single drugs test he has ever taken without any doubt or suspicion until Floyd started spouting his poison, the biggest fabrication is the time periods he had inbetween moving up through thwe divisions, look at the time scales of Floyd and they are almost identical!

• Members

Please your whole philosphy is cheer the non black guy.

:pms Is that why I cheered for Tarver against Green?:cop Coz I did. I don't like Danny Green but I always liked Antonio. What do you say now, FARRAKHAN?:D

I don't know if you are confused or lying but Lance never failed a test that was revealed, why refuse drug testing if you are clean? what you wanted was Manny to juice and hurt mayweather while on drugs.

Also do you see Mares fighting Donaire? Stop acting like Top Rank isn't difficult to work with.

You ignore what you choose to that's fine, but I will say again he had never had any suspicion until Floyd spouted his shit and as for why not take he tests....why the fuck should he??? The governing organisations decide on the appropriate testing not Floyd Mayweather, however I will remind you he eventualy agreed and offered 68 million to Floyd to getting on and he decided it wasn't enough....quackkkkk

Floyd ducked Kosta, Margarito,Paul williams and Sergio, he did not duck Manny, manny wanted 14 days to cut off testing, why would he do that if not for his steroid cycle.

Also Manny sold 700,000 vs Clottey but wanted 50-50 with the bigger draw Floyd.

Do you get the Golden Boy-Top Rank feud? Mares and Mikey Garcia are to of the best boxers in the world and I truly believe they want to fight but can't so stop acting like Arum would have done it.

14 days was agreed on the second time Around in the saga aswel as blood testing straight after the fight, the issue was Manny would not have blood taken hours before the fight but would immediately after, again shit you choose to ignore, as for the 50/50 that was another get out of he fight clause by Floyd, at the time Manny was a champion in his own right as well as being p4p and would have been part of the biggest fight for possibly 25 years that would have generated obscene amounts of Money so Ofcourse an even purse would be expected, it's sad the split is another justification by Floyds ball licking fans use on behest of their hero, when it was clearly just another wasy to duck from a fight!!!

• Members

14 days was agreed on the second time Around in the saga aswel as blood testing straight after the fight, the issue was Manny would not have blood taken hours before the fight but would immediately after, again shit you choose to ignore, as for the 50/50 that was another get out of he fight clause by Floyd, at the time Manny was a champion in his own right as well as being p4p and would have been part of the biggest fight for possibly 25 years that would have generated obscene amounts of Money so Ofcourse an even purse would be expected, it's sad the split is another justification by Floyds ball licking fans use on behest of their hero, when it was clearly just another wasy to duck from a fight!!!

Yeah and Manny tried to blame his loss to Morales on having drug testing a week before the fight. "I was feeling weak and drowsy" etc, mostly bullshit id reckon.

You are a idiot, I've rooted against Floyd many times. I bet you'll claim Manny didn't duck Sergio or Paul, you are a Pactard just admit your hero was a juicer.

If Floyd makes 45 million for Cotto and Manny made 25 million the numbers don't add up.

The 'numbers' are you a fucking retard, stature alone gets him 50/50, that's beside the fight making them both more money and bigger PPV numbers than had gone before and that was only possible if they fought each other, Floyd was never getting a payday like Manny could bring him from any other fight, Floyd simply never wanted it, however I recall Sergio being suggested as an opponent along with Williams for Floyd on many occasions but never Manny so make of that what you will!!

I will repeat again though, Iam not a fan of Manny, I could not give 2 shits if he gets his ass whooped by every bum from Manillla to Miami, I tell shit how it is and that is that Floyd ducked his way through the last few years with numerous excuses to duck Manny....take Floyds cock out your eyes and balls out your mouth and see shit how it is!

Yeah and Manny tried to blame his loss to Morales on having drug testing a week before the fight. "I was feeling weak and drowsy" etc, mostly bullshit id reckon.

:facepalm