Smith topples Buckland

Mofo2

Cardiff’s Gary Buckland lost his British super-featherweight title to Liverpudlian Stephen Smith. Buckland had never fought in his home city before and was chasing the Lonsdale Belt upright. But he was knocked spark out by a short right-upper cut in the fifth round and needed oxygen in the ring before getting back on his feet after several worrying minutes.

Get in there Stephen laddddd :esmile

Get stuffed Moffy!:D Buckland sure walked into one...he didn't look in best form from the start.:facepalm The layoff sure hurt him.

Smith had been out as long, let's not take anything away from what was a great performance by smith, culminating in one hell of a punch to win the fight!

• Members

Smith had been out as long, let's not take anything away from what was a great performance by smith, culminating in one hell of a punch to win the fight!

Maybe but I can't see him going farther than Euro level...with Uchiyama, Mendez, Burgos and Russell jr in the divison. And Martinez...but Rocky's not unbeatable for Smith I guess. Doubt he can beat the others. He was getting nailed by Buckland's left way too much. Lucky for him Gary's not a puncher.

Maybe but I can't see him going farther than Euro level...with Uchiyama, Mendez, Burgos and Russell jr in the divison. And Martinez...but Rocky's not unbeatable for Smith I guess. Doubt he can beat the others. He was getting nailed by Buckland's left way too much. Lucky for him Gary's not a puncher.

I agree he ain't much better than Euro level but he beat the guy you believed was....go figure :chin

• Members

I agree he ain't much better than Euro level but he beat the guy you believed was....go figure :chin

Weird shit happens...all the time. Nowadays in particular.

• Members

I would like to see how Gallagher turns Smith around, he looked much more confident and in control throughout the fight!

More than against Selby, you mean?:stir If Selby starched him, other world class guys will too. He better stick to Euro level guys and not too good ones either. Not that there are so many in that division right now.

More than against Selby, you mean?:stir If Selby starched him, other world class guys will too. He better stick to Euro level guys and not too good ones either. Not that there are so many in that division right now.

One Defeat doesn't define a career, Smith is likely to be no better than Euro level, but Gallagher has a way of bringing something new to his fighters!

• Members

One Defeat doesn't define a career, Smith is likely to be no better than Euro level, but Gallagher has a way of bringing something new to his fighters!

I think you might be giving the guy too much credit...it will show.

I think you might be giving the guy too much credit...it will show.

I'm not....I'm agreeing he probably won't go past Euro level, but I believe his team have a Way of improving their fighters and Smith has enough in him to adapt however unlikely him ever being World level is!

Buckland tried to force the fight, it was the case of another fighter getting his ass took out because he thought he could walk through his oponent!

• Members

Buckland tried to force the fight, it was the case of another fighter getting his ass took out because he thought he could walk through his oponent!

It doesnt help that he lacks the big power and that he hasn't fought for 9 months before this. That fucking Saucedo!:angry2 He was supposed to fight Gary but backed out.