Bobby Chacon Story-the movie

Slayer

• Members

I came to this idea after someone on RN24 started a thread about which fighter's lives would be best as movies. And Bobby Chacon is the best I can think of. He was denied amateur license because he had done drugs at some point. The guy was a wrecking machine from the start, encouraged by his wife to start boxing pro, was a ko artist then ran into Ruben Olivares who gave him his first loss, then won a world title but the success spoiled him and he partied too much. Olivares again crushed him. He beat Olivares in the third and final fight, then had that famous Limon trilogy and the two incredible fights with Cornelius Boza Edwards. In between his wife got enough of him getting beat up all the time and begged him to retire, even threatened to kill herself but he didn't yield, then she kills herself just before he's about to have a fight-he still GOES ON with the fight and tries to kill the guy. But he doesn't. Can it get more dramatic than that? In the end he gets his sweet revenge on Limon and Edwards and recaptures the title.

EPILOGUE SAYS: BOBBY CHACON WENT ON TO FIGHT RAY MANCINI FOR THE LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE IN 1984 BUT WAS EASILY BEATEN IN 3 ROUNDS. HE CONTINUED FIGHTING UNTIL 1988. TODAY HE SUFFERS FROM DEMENTIA PUGILISTICA AND IS UNDER MEDICAL CARE.

Terry marsh makes a great movie....unbeaten World Champion that has to retire because of epilepsy and is questioned over the attemped murder of Frank Warren....great fighter and well underrated and forgotten in boxing!

• Members

Wow... that was a mature response... I don't enjoy depressing stories....

But its not just depressive, its a story of ups and downs, just like The Fighter. Plus the fights were incredible!

• Members

Seems Steve wants every boxing movie to be like Rocky :cheah

Amen to that. All time favorite boxing movies (minus the 5th movie...)

But its not just depressive, its a story of ups and downs, just like The Fighter. Plus the fights were incredible!

the fights will be back burner in this story , no way Hollywood could recreate such greatness, so it leaves an incredible depressing story as Steve stated.

not so sure I would love to see it either

I would much rather see a great documentary about his life.

theres some stuff out there Steve if your interested in a real tragic life of a fighter

bobby was 5'5 125-130 lb fighter and I know you don't like those "small" fighters but he is worth checking out he had 47 ko's in 59 wins

His 4TH fight  with Bazooka Limon might be the best fight I ever saw and I have seen most of the so called all time best fights post 1976

Ah, screw u both. What do u know about moviemaking anyway. :tdown

Bobby has had a very tragic and dramatic life well documented , how does Hollywood go about getting the details of the relationships to bring the stories to life? Isnt bobby suffering badly from dementia ? at least Lamotta wrote an auto biography does Bobby even talk about it anymore ?