Canelo quick quotes

Mofo2

WBC/WBA super welterweight world champion Canelo Alvarez and promoter Oscar de la Hoya held an international media conference call Tuesday to discuss Canelo’s upcoming PPV unification bout against undefeated eight-time, five-division world champion Floyd “Money†Mayweather taking place on September 14 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Canelo Alvarez: I’m preparing myself to win. I have a certain game plan. I’m not going to look for the knockout, but if it comes, it comes. I’ve got my game plan and I’m going to follow it. I don’t like to predict anything. The only thing I’m going to predict is that I’m going to win the fight.

On whether he sees himself as a hero for ‘ginger-headed’ kids: I’m can’t say whether I’m a hero for them. You’d have to ask them. I’m very gracious that I have followers and fans from all sorts of colors.

On whether he thinks he’s the best fighter in Mexico: That’s a question I can’t answer, that’s a question for the fans to answer.

Oscar de la Hoya: We are getting very close. Nerves are getting rattled. We feel “The One†is going to break all records. All the indications we are receiving are showing us that “The One†will be the one…[Canelo] is coming off a tremendous, tremendous victory against Austin Trout in front of over 39,000 people. I’m sure no other fighter in the sport can attract that many people inside one venue. He is the most popular athlete in boxing today, loved by many and only getting better.

• WBF OG

more quick quotes:

i'm popular because of my skin tone.

i've beaten the best....cotto and hatton.

if the judges are impartial, the scores should be either 120-107 or 119-108 for mayweather.

i don't deserve to fight mayweather.

why do i get all of this  unwarranted press?

De La hoya sounds nervous as fuk , if canelo loses look for Oscar to relapse into fishnets and perico

Oscar sounds pretty confident to me, I guess we hear what we want to hear!

• WBF OG

Sums up the reasons why you don't like him just perfectly!

That's Racist shit!

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.  I was a huge fan of Scotty Olson and also Mark McGuire.  Besides, I never liked Margarito or Erik Morales, either, so what does that tell you, buttboy?

You don't live in Mexico so you don't see the unwarranted press he gets.  Televisa, his sponsor, has admitted that if he weren't a gingerbread boy, they'd have not promoted him as much as they have so stick that up your scouse ass.

Typical of a racist that he cannot see the comments he made are such, you seriously are fucking deluded if you believe stating the colour of a persons skin has determined the popularity of someone isn't fucking slime

• WBF OG

how is saying that he gets more press than anyone else because he's a ginger racist?  i still haven't figured that one out.  maybe you people in scouseville have a different idea of what racism is.

your problem is that you think i don't like him BECAUSE he's ginger, not because i just don't think he's good at all.  I feel the same about chavez, jr.  does that make me a racist, buttboy?

how is saying that he gets more press than anyone else because he's a ginger racist?

i'm popular because of my skin tone

You never said hair......you specifically made the comments about his skin colour and that's racist shit!

• WBF OG

I think he absolutely gets more attention cause of his looks, Alot of athletes do. Jeremy lin got alot of extra attention cause he's asian, tiger woods cause he is black etc. at end of the day people want to see something new..and a really good asian b ball player or black golfer or a white mexican boxer is something you really dont see & it gets alot of attention.

when you say looks, i automatically know you mean pale skin and red hair.  many won't and you'll be labeled a racist.

and your post is spot on.  how the fuck is cain velasquez getting so much attention in mma?  THATS RIGHT, THEY'RE PROMOTING HIS BROWN PRIDE.  not racist at all, just fact.

oh god, give me a break.

you are really nitpicking now. stop embarrassing yourself.

Nit picking you stupid fuck, you typed this shit I ain't picking I'm merely pointing out you are a racist fuck!

• WBF OG

how can i be racist when i get along the best with a rican, a scot, and a khmer from this site, buttboy?