Garcia: A Rematch? I Would Knock Amir Khan Out Again!

blackrican23

BOXINGSCENE.COM

Danny Garcia and Amir Khan will share a Showtime telecast April 27.

If Garcia gets by Zab Judah at Barclays Center and Khan overcomes huge underdog Julio Diaz in a fight that’ll be broadcast on delay after the live telecast of Garcia-Judah, there is a strong possibility a Garcia-Khan rematch will be scheduled for later this year. Garcia doesn’t think it’s necessary because he won their first fight definitively, but the undefeated Philadelphia fighter is willing to face the popular British boxer again.

“I really don’t understand why people want to see me fight him again,†Garcia told BoxingScene.com. “It wasn’t even a close fight. I knocked him out in four rounds. But this time, I’m more seasoned, I’m stronger, I’m a lot faster. I feel like the second time around it’s going to be the same outcome. But if he wants to do it, I’m down for it.â€

Garcia (25-0, 16 KOs) sat ringside for Khan’s dominant performance against Carlos Molina (17-1-1, 7 KOs), but the WBC 140-pound champion wasn’t impressed with what he witnessed Dec. 15 in Los Angeles. Garcia didn’t notice much of a difference in Khan during a fight he won by technical knockout, despite that the one-sided, 10-round match marked the 2004 Olympic silver medalist’s debut with trainer Virgil Hunter in his corner.

“He did what he had to do,†said Garcia, who stopped Khan in the fourth round July 14 in Las Vegas. “He beat a 135-pound fighter with no power. He was still getting hit with a lot of punches. People ask me every day, ‘Did you see improvement?’ You really can’t change a fighter in eight weeks, from what he’s been doing his whole life. He was still getting hit with the same punches I hit him with, but the guy had no power to hurt him.

“But I give him credit. He did what he had to do. He beat a smaller guy who can’t really punch, coming up from the lightweight division. So you’ve got to give him credit. He went in the ring and did what he was supposed to do.â€

The 33-year-old Diaz (40-7-1, 29 KOs) is a bigger puncher than Molina, but the former IBF lightweight champion has been stopped five times during his 14-year pro career.

Garcia is suffering from swollen head syndrome eh? but we all know Khan does not favor rematches against guys that knocked him out.

I don't even like Garcia but the hate for him makes me a fan :esmile

He already SMASHED KHAN TO BITS cant wait till he smashes JoshB 's and matthysse next :esmile