Stevenson defends world title against Cloud

Mofo2

Haitian-born Canadian Adonis Stevenson defends his World Boxing Council light-heavyweight title for the first time on Saturday when he faces former world champion Tavoris Cloud.

Stevenson, a 36-year-old southpaw, will be counting on hometown advantage in Montreal, having fought all but two of his career fights in the Quebec region. He carries an eight-fight win streak into the matchup.

“I know he has power. He is going to come strong,†Stevenson said. “Whenever he comes, I am knocking him out.†Stevenson, 21-1 with 18 knockouts, flattened Chad Dawson in only 76 seconds last June to capture his first world title while Cloud, a 31-year-old American who is 24-1 with 19 knockouts, tries to bounce back after the first loss of his career.

In March Cloud lost a unanimous decision and the International Boxing Federation light-heavyweight crown to 48-year-old Bernard Hopkins, the oldest world champion in boxing history who defends that title next month against German Karo Murat.

got to admit Stevenson impressed regardless if Cloud is the true meaning of a "one punch" at a time fighter. Stevenson that fought on Friday night fights a few years ago isn't the same guy who fought Saturday he has the confidence now of a champion and is a definite problem

• Members

Yeah this was a very confident and convincing performance by Stevenson for sure, he made virtually every shot he landed hurt Cloud

And?:cop Hehehe, im glad u at least see this guy is a real deal now. ;)

• Members

My opinion is still the same....Froch busts him up!!

Yea right...coz thats what he does regularly, busts up guys stronger than himself who are also killer punchers!:coffee