Japanese debutant to face #6 ranked opponent

asianboxing

asianboxing

November 10th at the International Conference Hall in Nagoya will see the debut of Japan's next "wonder kid" Kosei Tanaka.

Seen by many as the most talented Japanese youngster in a generation the 18 year old Tanaka will debut against the WBO #6 ranked Oscar Raknafa (12-3, 5).

Whilst I'm aware many boxing fans don't care much for Eastern fighters, or fighters in the lower division this kid could be worth keeping a very, very close eye on. We've seen the rise of Kazuto Ioka, and the fast rise of Naoya Inoue, this kid is meant to be better than both of them,

November 10th at the International Conference Hall in Nagoya will see the debut of Japan's next "wonder kid" Kosei Tanaka.

Seen by many as the most talented Japanese youngster in a generation the 18 year old Tanaka will debut against the WBO #6 ranked Oscar Raknafa (12-3, 5).

Whilst I'm aware many boxing fans don't care much for Eastern fighters, or fighters in the lower division this kid could be worth keeping a very, very close eye on. We've seen the rise of Kazuto Ioka, and the fast rise of Naoya Inoue, this kid is meant to be better than both of them,

I think we tend to stick with European and Stateside fighters out of ignorance tbh we simply don't get the opportunity to follow fighters out of our comfort zone with the odd exceptions! 

blackrican23

Naoya Inoue is considered by some the brightest prospect in all of boxing , without question he is everything Zou Shiming has been hyped as but hasnt delivered. Beautiful short puncher Inoue looks to be

Ioka beat Yaegashi after his war with Porpramook, have not seen his win over Sithmorseng yet.

So if this Tanaka is better then both at 18 then yes he will be special , thanks for alerting me to his debut  and welcome to the forum .

I believe you posted here before , in one of our other versions 

asianboxing

Naoya Inoue's younger brother will debut on December 6th on a super card featuring-
Naoya Inoue fighting for the OPBF Light Flyweight title
Akira Yaegashi defending his WBC Flyweight title against Edgar Sosa
Ryosuke Iwasa attempting to claim the OPBF Bantamweight title
Ryota Murata fighting American Dave Peterson

• 8 months later...
blackrican23

Finally came across a full version of the fight (Tanaka Vs Raknafa). For those interested it's featured here:

http://www.asianboxing.info/videos/kosei-tanaka-vs-oscar-raknafa

Tanaka looked ok , Raknafa was a pretty poor opponent tho 

one thing i see from these "debutants" they are very poised and composed for being teenagers have a very professional style very much the opposite  of say Zou Shiming , who is  much older and physically more mature

Tanaka seemed to have maybe tighter defense then Naoya, but not sure he is the best of the 3 

asianboxing

The next Japanese youngster that the media over there are getting excited about is Kenshiro Teraji. He makes his debut in early August against Heri Amol in a bout that looks very testing for the youngster, though it's fair to say Amol isn't the same fighter he was when he dropped Kazuto Ioka.

Details on that bout for those interested: http://www.asianboxing.info/asian-news/kenshiro-teraji-debut-opponent-confirmed-to-be-heri-amol

blackrican23

Debutant sounds the same as débutante and makes these blokes from nipon sound like teenage divas

yeah i was getting the same vibe :crackup

blackrican23

The next Japanese youngster that the media over there are getting excited about is Kenshiro Teraji. He makes his debut in early August against Heri Amol in a bout that looks very testing for the youngster, though it's fair to say Amol isn't the same fighter he was when he dropped Kazuto Ioka.

Details on that bout for those interested: http://www.asianboxing.info/asian-news/kenshiro-teraji-debut-opponent-confirmed-to-be-heri-amol

I did not know Ioka lost his last bout! the scores are all over the place, have you seen the fight?

asianboxing

Yeah, Ioka was very... Poor, he fought the wrong tactics for the most part and looked sluggish. I had Amnat winning but had it close with the Thai giving 3 or 4 rounds away.

• 8 months later...
asianboxing

Tanaka will return on May 30th to fight Julian Yedras for the WBO Minimumweight title. A win will see him becoming the fastest (fewest fighta) Japanese fighter to win a world title and could top off an amazing May for Japanese fans.

• 2 months later...
asianboxing

Just a few days to go until the big one on Saturday. It will be televised by TBS and CBC in Japan. A win here and he'll set Japanese record and open himself up to some genuinely big fights later this year, including a possible unification with IBF champion Katsunari Takayama.