Bobby Gunn vs Roy Jones Jr. December

GRIM

This should be interesting  :chin

Hackensack, NJ (October 17, 2013) – Former IBA, WBC USNBC and WBA NABA cruiserweight titlist Bobby “The Celtic Warrior” Gunn will have a career defining opportunity when he meets former pound for pound king Roy Jones Jr. in December in Pennsylvania.

Gunn, who sports a professional ledger of 21-5-1 with 18 wins by knockout, fought James Toney and Tomasz Adamek in his last two bouts but came up short both times. A legendary bare knuckle boxer whose bouts have been viewed more than 600,000 times on YouTube, Gunn also won other cruiserweight belts and was rated in the top 10 by the WBA and WBC. The heavy-handed New Jersey based Canadian was on the verge of retiring but had interest in fighting Jones Jr. for a number of years.

“I’ve wanted a match up with Roy for quite some time but it never worked out for a number of reasons,” stated Gunn. “We’ve been working on this for awhile and I wasn’t sure if it was ever going to happen but I’m glad it will. People can say what they want about Roy and I at this stage but this is an extremely important fight. The winner will take a huge step forward and the loser is at the end of the road.”

One of the greatest fighters in boxing history, Roy Jones Jr. is one of the few boxers of any era that truly doesn’t need an introduction. In 64 professional bouts, Jones Jr. is an outstanding 56-8 with 40 wins by way of knockout. The former middleweight, undisputed light heavyweight and heavyweight titleholder has wins over boxing greats Bernard Hopkins, Felix Trinidad, the aforementioned Toney and Hall of Famer Virgil Hill amongst others. In his most recent bout, Jones Jr. traveled to Poland and topped unbeaten hometown favorite Pawel Glazewski.

Jones Jr.-Gunn is scheduled for 12 rounds in the cruiserweight division. The card is promoted by Jones Jr’s Square Ring Promotions and the exact date and location along with undercard bouts will be announced shortly.

if it aint bare knucks then why even make this , not like a loss to a shitcan like Gunn can tarnish RJJ anymore .... lets get some excitement underground PPV shit :clap  

Roy Jones Jr. confirms ring return, with one eye on Anderson Silva

By Eric ‘Sugar Foot’ Duran/Rocky Mountain Boxing

Boxing legend Roy Jones Jr has confirmed he will return to action in December against former cruiserweight contender Bobby Gunn. “A date hasn’t been set but it’s supposed to happen in Philadelphia.†According to Jones, it’s a tune-up bout for a possible mega fight with UFC legend Anderson Silva, “if Anderson beats Weldmen, it’s a fight we’ve trying to make for years.†Jones stated if a bout with Silva happens, he needs a tune up so there is no ring rust, “I know I can win, but I need to be at my best to do so.â€

:madlol pure comedy this , tune up bare knucks then tangle in the octagon only way I am interested 

Roy Jones Jr. confirms ring return, with one eye on Anderson Silva

By Eric ‘Sugar Foot’ Duran/Rocky Mountain Boxing

Boxing legend Roy Jones Jr has confirmed he will return to action in December against former cruiserweight contender Bobby Gunn. “A date hasn’t been set but it’s supposed to happen in Philadelphia.†According to Jones, it’s a tune-up bout for a possible mega fight with UFC legend Anderson Silva, “if Anderson beats Weldmen, it’s a fight we’ve trying to make for years.†Jones stated if a bout with Silva happens, he needs a tune up so there is no ring rust, “I know I can win, but I need to be at my best to do so.â€

:madlol pure comedy this , tune up bare knucks then tangle in the octagon only way I am interested 

haha you couldn't make this shit up :pms

• WBF OG

In a boxing match does Anderson Silva do better then Tito Trinidad  did against RJJ?

Id pick trinidad over silva in a boxing match right now. at any weight

Guest BoxingJabsBlog

He is gonna fight Silva mma or in a boxing ring?

I love Roy's dedication to comedy the last 5-6 years of his career. It takes a real comedian to keep this going for so long.

--------

www.boxingjabs.com

I'm telling you guys Roy is broke the IRS has been on him for back taxes and shit, and the best way for him to make some scratch is with these bum fights

I don't think he's broke. I think he's trying desperately for that last moment in the sun.

------------

www.boxingjabs.com

Last moments.....the fucker has been baking with factor '0' on for the last 5 years :D 

I'm telling you guys Roy is broke the IRS has been on him for back taxes and shit, and the best way for him to make some scratch is with these bum fights

Maybe G, but I find it hard to believe he is broke myself, he has raked it in...I just guess with the money he has brought home over the years, broke is only getting a new Mercedes and not the extras or soft top! 

Guest BoxingJabsBlog

Sidebar, in his prime with how he fought, could you imagine how big of a star he would be in today's boxing/sports world?

----

www.boxingjabs.com

Sidebar, in his prime with how he fought, could you imagine how big of a star he would be in today's boxing/sports world?

----

www.boxingjabs.com

He was a star in his own prime, nothing would change!!

Guest BoxingJabsBlog

I meant more money wise. Floyd is raking in 40 a fight. Imagine Roy today.

Also, roy, pretty underrated as an athlete-rapper. "I'm Roy !"

------

www.boxingjabs.com