Kid Chocolate Ready To Continue The Knockdowns and Knockouts

blackrican23

NEW YORK (October 21, 2013) – The odds are heavily in favor of Gabriel Rosado (21-6, 13 KOs) hitting the canvas at least once this Saturday night during his world title fight challenge against undefeated World Boxing Organization (WBO) middleweight champion Peter “Kid Chocolate†Quillin (29-0, 21 KOs), airing on Showtime Championship Boxing, live from Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. 

WBO No. 11-rated Rosado going down has less to do with the quality of his chin or durability, rather a credit to Quillin’s awesome power.

Quillin’s 29 opponents have been dropped a total of 31 times, including an amazing 10 knockdowns in his last two fights, both in world championship competition, against Fernando Guerrero (4 knockdowns) and former WBO champion Nassan N’Dam N’Jikam (6 knockdowns).  “Kid Chocolate†also dropped future Hall of Famer Ronald “Winky†Wright, in Quillin’s fight prior to him challenging N’Jikam, which ended in a unanimous 10-round decision that sent Wright into retirement.

â€œI get paid to give 12 rounds of action,†Quillin said.  “I am a performer in the ring and I’ve trained hard to be a power puncher.  At times I’ll take a punch to give back a few of my own. I have power to knockout my opponent with my right or left, at any point of a fight.  Earlier in my career, a lot of my knockdowns and knockouts came in two rounds or less, but I had 10 knockdowns in my two world title fights.  No matter how many times they get up, I’m going to keep knocking them down.â€

886.jpg

What explains Quillin’s propensity to knockdown his opponents so often?

â€œAnimal status,†Quillin’s head trainer Eric Brown quickly answered.  “Peter is a beast!  He is very solid, focused and a fundamentally sound fighter, who can knock you out with either hand.  He’s very hungry and appreciates what it really means to be world champion.â€

http://thaboxingvoice.com/kid-chocolate-ready-to-continue-the-knockdowns-and-knockouts/19573

Guest BoxingJabsBlog

The change of pace vs. Gabe's last two fights will probably catch him off guard. GGG, although devastating, is slower paced.

www.boxingjabs.com

The change of pace vs. Gabe's last two fights will probably catch him off guard. GGG, although devastating, is slower paced.

www.boxingjabs.com

alright welcome to the forum

boxingjabs :tup

• WBF OG

i dont think quillin is as good as golovkin or as powerful. he can crack but i expect rosado to last longer than 5. maybe closer to 8 or 10. we shall see. hopefully he blasts the guy and is impressive. 

GGG is better then Chocolate no question. I like Quillin's one shot power more then GGG tho , both guys can hit just a bit differently .

I still see Charles Whittaker shaking Gabe up , makes me keep doubt in my head that he can take it.

no KD's against GGG tho in that bloody beat down so maybe I am wrong 

• Members

How good is Quillin's chin, has it been properly tested? Coz Rosado can also hit pretty well. Don't think its impossible that he can get Quillin in trouble.

Post fight presser, Gabe telling it like it is as far as judging is concerned, he said judges are ruining fighters lives, boxing is becoming "weak" one judge just gave him one round. He said something that made a whole lot of sense to me if the judges was soft in Gatti V Ward or Corrales V Castillo, there would not have been great fights and rematches based upon great fights. Quillin was also very humble