Abril Injures Ankle, Withdraws From Linares Fight

blackrican23

BoxingScene.com/NotiFight.com have received confirmed that Cuban boxer Richar Abril (18-3-1, 8KOs), the lightweight champion of World Boxing Association (WBA), is unable to move forward with a scheduled defense on November 10 in Tokyo, Japan, with Venezuelan former world champion Jorge "El Niño of Oro "Linares (34-3, 22KOs). Abril suffered and injury to his right ankle in a training session this week in Miami, Florida.

Osmiri "El Moro" Fernandez, who is Abril's trainer and part of promotional company Dream Team, confirmed that Abril suffered the injury on Wednesday in a sparring session in Miami. At the time of the injury, the champ received first aid from his coach and then was checked by a doctor who ordered him to rest for more than a week.

"Our goal is to defend the title, but as it stands right now it's impossible," Fernandez said.

Ricardo Rizzo, the advisor to Dream Team, has already contacted promoter Akihiko Honda, director of Teiken Promotions, to advise him of Abril's injury.

"Richar is not afraid of Linares, or any other fighter. This is not a matter of fear, this is the fighter's health and we can not take him to fight in Japan with this ankle injury," said Rizzo.

The Dream Team advisor said Honda hopes to reschedule the fight for December 7th or December 31st, two dates where Teiken Promotions has scheduled events for the end of the year.

AbrilRicharPie300NF.jpg

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71186

• WBF OG

richar has a swollen chocha

but, but, but, but.....richar beat brandon rios easily, though!

I see something on the top of the right foot but his bone shape is similar there on both feet, around the ankle its self I dont see anything , i mean my sprains in life looked more like this 

swollen_ankles_fluid_retention.jpg

I see something on the top of the right foot but his bone shape is similar there on both feet, around the ankle its self I dont see anything , i mean my sprains in life looked more like this 

swollen_ankles_fluid_retention.jpg

Thats swollen at the sides, you look at his foot and there is an obvious large swelling in the middle of his foot for me!!