Ward vs.Rodriguez weigh-in

GRIM

I'm hoping to see Ward loose his 0, Rodriguez came in a bit over the weight limit so this is not a title bout but still whopping War'd ass is better than any belt in the world, 

Warrrrrrrr Rodriguez  :war

I'm hoping to see Ward loose his 0, Rodriguez came in a bit over the weight limit so this is not a title bout but still whopping War'd ass is better than any belt in the world, 

hey better luck next time G this clown Rodriquez bout to be easy work since has given himself the best shot to win  :madlol

sooooooo dry he couldnt even spit , oh brother  :facepalm

the fact him and Douchebella cried about 800K wasnt enuff and now he gave away the extra 200k he needed to make the fight happen is golden . He deserves an ass beating

and to him having some kind of leverage as to how the fight was to go on , he got 2 retarded kids at home with terrible medical bills that he could let down further by not fighting at all and earning no purse  so yeah he got Ward over a barrel :smokey  

Ward-Rodriguez: Rules Issue Places Fight in Jeopardy

Posted by: Rick Reeno on 11/16/2013 .

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com has obtained a letter that was issued to the World Boxing Association. The letter was sent by Josh Dubin, the attorney for WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward. A serious issue has come up with respect to the penalty being paid by Ward's opponent, Edwin Rodriguez. 

Rodriguez (24-0, 16KOs) was set to challenge Ward (26-0, 14KOs) for the WBA super middleweight championship. However, he was unable to make the super middleweight limit of 168-pounds at Friday's weigh-in. Rodriguez came in at two-pounds over, at 170-pounds, while Ward easily made weight at 167.8-pounds.

The fight takes place later tonight at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario. It was said yesterday that Rodriguez would have to fork over 20% of his purse [a cut of $200,000 dollars] and he would have to take part in a secondary weigh-in on Saturday morning - where he would be allowed to weigh a max of 180-pounds.

Apparently Ward and his team are not satisfied, and did not agree, with the 20% penalty on Rodriguez.

The letter references the WBA's own rules, which directs Rodriguez to pay 45% of his purse.

According to the WBA's rule E 9e - "a boxer who does not make weight after the two hour extension shall forfeit 35% of his purse." The rule later states "a boxer who refuses to attempt to make weight during the two hour extension shall forfeit 45% of his purse."

Ward's team wants the WBA to enforce their rules on Rodriguez, which at a minimum directs him to pay a 35% penalty. Because he never stepped on the official scale during the two hour period, Ward and his team believe Rodriguez never made an attempt to shed off the two pounds - which, according to the WBA's rules, makes him a 45% offender.

When reached for comment on the situation, Dubin told BoxingScene.com the following:

"This fight was for the WBA world title. The only reason it is no longer for the WBA world title is because Rodriguez failed to make the weight. The rules still apply, because the rules make provisions for this very situation, and they are extraordinarily clear on what's to occur. And we expect the rules to be applied. What's wrong with boxing right now is that too often the rules are not applied. The rules are the rules. Andre Ward and Edwin Rodriguez both agreed to pay sanctioning fees. It was in their bout agreement that this fight would be for the WBA world title and the WBA rules apply," Dubin told BoxingScene.com.

"The rules are very clear that there is a penalty [that directs the offender] to pay a bare minimum of 35%. We have reason to believe that he never even tried to make the weight during the two hour period because he never got back on the scale. He should be fined 45%, that's what the rules say because he never made an effort to make the weight during that two hour period. There is a rule where the athletic commission withholds 20%. We need some relief in-between 20% and the 45% that [Ward is] owed. And Andre Ward is not going to step in the ring tonight if the WBA isn't going to apply their rules."

• Members

:tup War Edwin!

Firs off I am still pro Rodriguez, "BUT" WFT Edwin? Professional means your conduct in and out of the ring, this whole 2 lbs thing is a bit whacked especially if he did not put in any effort to drop the measly 2 lbs within the 2 hours allotted. I mean seriously I can loose 1 lb with in 45 minutes of casual rope skipping.

45% of his purse :fook thats a lot of cash from the Gucci purse for sure but hey rules are rules. I think they need to apply the rule to it's full extent so that a clear message can be sent to the other boxers out there that do not take making weight serious.

I think only Floyd can pull that shit and get away with it :yess

he got 2 retarded kids at home with terrible medical bills 

Ouch B  :lolling

Lets hope things are worked out and this fight goes through or it's going to be a bad Saturday evening 

damn G , i worded that a bit harshly, good call  :facepalm

i am not the biggest Ward fan but he might as well be Miguelito  compared to this nobody La Bomba, I called him out from day one

even if Ward is just bluffing on the 45% the mind warfare for Rodriquez big shot is mindboggling

La Bomba made 179.8 was to weigh no more then 180 by 9am. he claims he had a normal night rehydrating and eating  :madlol  yet was in bed by 8 and "slept alot" 

nothing cures hunger better then sleep  :rofl

Ok great the fight is still on, besides all the drama if he can beat Ward tonight the 45% will be chum change for sure, because I could smell the highly anticipated rematch etc etc.

And yeah the harshly wordings was sort of like a low blow "below the ankles" :nice

oh i dont know if fight is on , so stand by to stand by 

I was going by the below quoted txt

he would have to take part in a secondary weigh-in on Saturday morning - where he would be allowed to weigh a max of 180-pounds.

oh he passed but now the 45 % thingy has to be cleared

how about the WBA , dont give a fuk about steroids but  worry enough about a fighter at LEAST  attempting to make the weight  :pms

did mikey garcia attempt to make it when he was over? WBO had no 45% rule?

dead man walking G , after LaBomba FINALLY gets his meal the fight is 12 -14 hrs away so now he blows up and is even more sluggish

i think you need to hope Ward takes on Kovalev or tries to wrestle Adonis , both at 175 , to see Ward even have the possibility to lose

nobody at 168 can do it 

Meh! Ward has been inactive for several moons not, then the surgery and rehab. Who knows if the shoulder is 100% or even close to it. Plus I dont think ward can handle mad pressure due to his ammy Olympic blue print style boxing, "lets not discuss the Dawson fight" :nice

HEH! not a fan of the tactical hit and run :chin

thought it was your style

he ruined Dawson from what i recall, dropped and stopped :meh wasnt that a good ward fight? 

No don't get me wrong I like that style of boxing greatly, What I meant is that if it become a war/slug fest Ward might be reluctant to engage and try to still box ?

oh Ward got his clutch and grab PHD from BHop university , only student with a higher GPA was wald pussy but he had got after school sessions from John Ruiz

no brawl from Ward without the maul

Actually Wlad has expanded on the technique and developed his own version called the "Clutch Grab And Place Your Dead Weight Upon Opponent's Excessively " for the entire length of the bout.

• Members

I am certain Edwin will give him his toughest fight yet, if nothing else. Ward will probably pull a crappy points victory and hug his way to another "p4p king" headline. Still, there is always the hope of Rodriguez pulling off the upset and even knocking the creep out.