Pacquiao dominates Rios in Macao

blackrican23

After two straight losses, welterweight superstar Manny “Pacman†Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38 KOs) rebounded with a dominating twelve round unanimous decision over former world champion Brandon “Bam Bam†Rios (31-1-1, 23 KOs) on Saturday night before 13,101 at the sold out Venetian Macao’s Cotai Arena in Macao, China.

There were good exchanges in rounds one and two with the faster Pacman getting the better of it. Pacquiao began moving more in round three and took control of the fight, landing hard shots while Rios stalked him. By round seven Rios was cut over both eyes as Pacquiao continued his assault. Rios was outworked in every round and he simply couldn’t solve Pacquiao’s style. Pacman was content to punish Rios for all twelve rounds, winning by scores of 120-108, 119-109, 118-110.

Undefeated IBF featherweight champion Evgeny Gradovich (18-0, 9 KOs) successfully defended his title in a rematch against the man he dethroned, Billy Dib (36-3, 21 KOs). Gradovich was relentless as he pressured Dib. The Aussie tried boxing, brawling, turning southpaw without success. Gradovich scored a knockdown in round six and got the win in round nine when Dib’s corner asked referee Alan Huggins to stop the fight. Time was 1:10.

Unbeaten heavyweight contender Andy Ruiz, Jr. (21-0, 15 KOs) won when Tor Hamer (21-3, 14 KOs) quit at the beginning of round four. Hamer got off to a good start, hitting Ruiz with many clean shots in rounds one and two. Ruiz, however, upped the pressure in round three and Hamer chose to remain on his stool.

In his most impressive performance to date, two-time Olympic gold medalist and Chinese icon Zou Shiming (3-0) continued his march toward a world title with a one-sided six round unanimous decision over previously undefeated Juan Toscano (4-1, 1 KO). Scores were 60-54, 60-54, 60-52.

Undefeated 2012 Puerto Rican Olympian junior lightweight Felix Verdejo (9-0, 6 KOs) scored a one-sided six round unanimous decision over tough guy Petchsamuthr Duanaaymukdahan (8-2, 1 KO). Petchsamuthr was deducted a point for a low blow in round six. Scores were 60-53 on all cards.

Unbeaten bantamweight Rex Tso (8-0, 3 KOs) scored a first round stoppage of Susu Sithjadeang (7-4, 2 KOs) Tso was credited with a knockdown in round one and then got the stoppage with a barrage of unanswered punches. Time was 2:29.

Unbeaten lightweight Ik Yang (13-0, 8 KOs) scored a six round majority decision over Hero Tito (7-3, 3 KOs). Scores were 57-57, 60-54, 59-55.

Unbeaten super featherweight Harmonito Dela Torre (11-0, 6 KOs) scored a third round KO over Jason Butar-Butar (15-12-1, 11 KOs). Time 1:23.

Super welterweight Kuck Kun Ng moved to 2-0, 0 KOs with a four round unanimous nod over You-Jie Zeng (4-5, 4 KOs). Scores were 40-36 on all cards.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/early-pacquiao-rios-results-from-macao-231870

fight played like i thought , no knockdowns .  I thought rios did as well as he could , he fought well on the inside plus blocked alot of punches but manny pivots off his straight left really like no other , south paw speaking.

Any fighter who tries the high tight guard against Pac gets shredded 

• WBF OG

We all knew what the outcome was going to be.  still a blood and guts guy.  better than a pitty pat runner anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

• WBF OG

he's a B to a B+ fighter.  pac is an A+ fighter.  what did you expect?

but, lets have everyone answer this question, including you....Who would you rather see fight Provodnicov or whatever his name is, Rios or Richar Abril?

• WBF OG

Wait, you didn't understand the question?  Should I draw it out for you in little figurines?

Who would you rather see fight Provodnikov, Rios or Richar Abril?

• WBF OG

proddy probably would stretch rios, but it would be fun while it lasted.

richar abril, though......

I thought Rios would have troubled Manny, but it was hard fought and comfortable at the same time for him against Brandon....he was pressed but his movement and speed controlled the fight!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Pacquiao looked like he should against a slow, plodder like Rios. Rios was a handpicked opponent to make Pacquiao look good after that dose of Nyquil Marquez served him. I still don't think Pacquiao looked that impressive considering the opposition that was in front of him. I've never ranked Rios that high, I always thought he was a hype job and got more credit for his fighting style more so than his actual skills in the ring. I'd like to see Rios/Provodnikov, 2 overrated fighters with limited technique, calls for a good war. 

He wasnt handpicked to make him look good, he was picked because he was a credible opponent that would test Manny but ultimately come up short....it was a career resurrecting move that could have come back to bite him on the ass!