Golovkin VS Adama in Monte Carlo 2/1/14

GRIM

Who :?

Gennady Golovkin’s next appearance will see him defend his World Boxing Association belt against Osumanu Adama in Monte Carlo on Feb. 1, according to a news release from promoter Golden Gloves.

“Gennady has been very forthright in his commitment to staying active and fighting the toughest opposition available,” said Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions, which promotes Golovkin, in a statement within the press release.

Osumanu Adama: 'I'm not scared of nobody'

A few hours had passed since a press release issued by K2 Promotions informed boxing media outlets that their client, WBA middleweight titleholder Gennady Golovkin, would be facing Osumanu Adama on Feb. 1 in Monte Carlo, Monaco.

The general reaction from fans has been one of dismissiveness, even derisiveness, as many feel the relatively unknown Adama (22-3, 16 knockouts), a Chicago area-based Ghanaian, stands little or no chance of giving Golovkin (28-0, 25 KOs) a serious challenge.

Adama hears all of it, but says the reactions haven't discouraged him at all.

"He's a dangerous, very strong fighter," said Adama. "We all know that he's a very strong fighter. He's always coming forward and throwing punches.

"I'm a strong fighter too, and I'm not scared of nobody. I'm there to fight and I'm going to show him something different. I believe in myself."

At this point in the game seeing that he has been media created to a certain extent. 3G need to fight a legitimate named opponent or named opponents that are known a bit more, in no necessary order:

Quillin, Martinez, Rubio, actually last on the list just saying

Or better yet put on a few lbs and fight Ward.

Or loose a few lbs and fight  Lara, Cotto, Alvarez.  :nice

• WBF OG

of those you listed the only possibilities are rubio, cotto, ward and martinez. 

of those 4 the only feasible fights are ward and rubio. cotto got waaay better more beatable options for waay more money and martinez promoter has flat out said they aint fighting him. 

the rest are GB fighters aligned with showtime

I dont have a problem with a stay active fight thats off HBO, alot of the better names GGG looked for arent eager to sign the contract

Fighting  Adama is equal to a Rubio fight IMO, Sergio is coming off injury and Chocolate is playing those money games, I dont think GGG drops to 54 for anybody not named Mayweather