Max Kellerman and Kneel, Keep your Rigo....

mexfighter

Rigondeaux has only 12 pro fights, his amateur petagree is off the chart, he is from the Cuban ammy boxing program. His style of boxing is real boxing, if you are a real boxing lover and understand the sport then his style is not boring at all, if you think it is then most likely MMA is your thing, they do the crowd and network pleasing type fighting.

Unfortunately boxing has a great number of casual fans that does not appreciate or understand the nature of real boxing.

• WBF OG

don't give me this shit about being a real fan and appreciating that abomination you call real boxing.   remember, some of us fans are mexicans and you know we love us some brawlers, not runners, not stylistic southpaws, not tappers and huggers.

you must be a huge fan of olympic boxing since thats where "real boxing" is.  fuck that, give me a war involving someone like rafa marquez, tyson marquez, aaron pryor, tito trinidad, and julian jackson over that shit you call "real boxing".

Yeah I hear you but some boxers, like to be able to utilize their brain and all it's functions even after their career is over..

Heck some like to go home and fuck the hell out of their wives/girlfriends after their fights because they are not in a hospital being observed or being put in medically induced coma.

Some actually like/enjoy the idea of hitting/striking another and not being hit back!

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think that the more raw/aggressive of an opponent, will make Rigz and his technical style boxing more fan appreciated. I true technical boxer shines when the heat is turned up :tup 

• WBF OG

Just because you like olympic style shit doesn't mean we have to like it or appreciate it.  who cares if a technical boxer isn't getting hit...if he is pitty patting his opponent, that shit is boring.  now kneel will say, "why don't they attack rigo then?"

why doesn't he?  oh yeah, he's a technician, i forgot.

if he is pitty patting his opponent, that shit is boring

Well I might be wrong but I have watched the Rigz VS Donaire fight several times, and I am just curious as to why Donaire's right eye and face was all busted up from "Pitty patting"? could it be that Donaire has very sensitive skin?

Just because you like olympic style shit doesn't mean we have to like it or appreciate it

Very true being an American living in America allows one to like or appreciate anything no matter what other's beliefs are.

And just to clarify I like "Boxing" all types and styles :tup

• WBF OG

lucky that donaire is aggressive as you said in your previous post.  what if rigo fights a defensive minded fighter?  agbeko didn't fight and look how wonderfully pleasing to watch that fight turned out to be.

oscar was pitty pattying tito trinidad, too, and his eye was totally swollen like donaire.  still a tremendously boring fight.

what if rigo fights a defensive minded fighter?

Then it would be a great tactical match, that sends most to bed, while those that appreciate this type/style will watch with great intensity :tup

• WBF OG

Oh but wait, only "real" fans like watching that tactical style, as you said before.  Hahaha

You sound like one of those MMA bros...."Bro, you don't like the ground and pound because you don't understand the intricacies of the ground game, bro!"

You don't have to be a real fan to hate southpaw runners or defensive minded runners.  As a matter of fact, look at all the "fights of the year".  not a tactician amongst them.  i wonder why.

Maybe I should define my definition or "real" boxing fans.

Casual boxing fan..

like to watch boxing prefers action packed Rios V Alvarado style match ups, not too interested in the rule of boxing, does not know who Jack Johnson is, calls Floyd a coward and scared to fight Manny. Only watched big fights etc.

Real boxing fan..

Takes time to learn the sport and it's rules, watches all levels of boxing, ESPN FNF, CBS, Mexican channel, PPV, Amateur, Olympics. Knows who Jack Johnson is and his legacy, appreciates all styles of boxing from sluggers to technical boxers. Knows no boxer is scared to fight "insert opponent's names" etc. 

I hope you got the general idea? 

• WBF OG

i know who jack johnson was, i know that floyd would make manny miss all night and beat him easily, watch espn, i watch "a los golpes", i watched the recent boom boom mancini special, i reminise about the good ol' days of wide world of sports on sunday with howard cosell, gil clancy on cbs, tim ryan and ferdie pacheco on nbc, had "season tickets" for monday night fights at the fabulous forum,  and loved al albert and sean o'grady on tuesday night fights.  even after all that, i hate technical fighters.

i'm not alone.  what kind of fan does that make me and the others like me?

• WBF OG

one of my earliest memories of boxing was watching ken norton vs ali 3 on tv.  i was all of 5 years old.  i also remember while visiting my grandma in mexico, leonard fought hearns on sept 16.  thats mexico's independence day but rather than being in the town square amongst hundreds of people partying with her relatives and my dad, my mom stayed with me at my grandmas house so that i  can watch the fight.  even at her 73 years of age, she still calls me and we talk boxing.  somehow, i've convinced her of how crappy canelo is and now hates him, too!  what a wonderful woman my mommy is!!!!