Lomachenko: Salido Decision Was Fair, I Blame Myself

blackrican23

www.boxingscene.com

Last Saturday night in San Antonio, Vasyl Lomachenko (1-1, 1 KO or 7-1, 1KO to others) made a very ambitious move by taking a significant step up in competition by taking on three-time and reigning world champion Orlando Salido in a fight for the WBO featherweight title. Salido was only Lomachenko's second opponent outside of the World Series of Boxing.

The Ukrainian talent pushed Salido to the limit, but lost a twelve round split decision in the end. Lomachenko came

very close to stopping Salido in the final round. Lomachenko reflected on his first pro loss with Allboxing.ru/BoxingScene.com.

“First of all, I want to thank all of my fans and supporters. I have already reviewed the tape a couple of times, scoring the contest myself. In my mind, it was an even fight but – as a challenger – I should have proved considerable superiority over my opponent, by winning the match-up much more comfortably. It didn't happen and I failed to achieve what I should have. I consider the decision to be fair," Lomachenko said.

“The only one to blame for such an outcome is myself, because I didn't follow the full scope of the game plan and ideas, which my beloved father-trainer put together and explained to me. I didn't follow the pre-fight plan at about 40%, making the biggest mistake with my decreased activity. I didn’t throw enough punches. Perhaps, I was trying to preserve enough energy for the closing rounds."

"In any case, I don’t want to concentrate on any complaints and excuses. I have a lot of work to do in the gym. Now I’m superbly pumped up and my desire for training is higher than ever. We – myself and my team – will learn this lesson and I will become stronger than we were before. Once again, I want to thank my family and my team. Thanks to all of those supporters and critics, who were carefully watching my fight. Thank you so much.â€

Good bloke indeed! but he got a rude awakening, and a welcome to pro boxing. I was not impressed by him at all. They placed him too high on the pedestal. 

I dont necessarily think he was placed on a pedestal, he got proper respect for an ammy of his statue deserved

he and his team chose to fight for world title in his 2 fight , Arum had no choice but to agree , it was probably part of the agreement that even got him signed to TR. I wasnt too impressed seeing him this past Olympics for the first time myself, but he has some good skills.

fitting he got mugged but he did finish strong for jumping right into12 rds

• WBF OG

i dont blame arum for making the fight but he either A) couldve cancelled once salido didnt make the weight or B.) put a stipulation that salido had to weigh in again saturday at no more than 140lbs.  he shouldve also informed that crook dickie cole that lomachenko is the A side here in the fight and he's gonna need a fair and impartial referee. 

He was placed way too high rican, one fight then a World title shot come onnnnn seriously!!

Didnt Spinks get same treatment , title shot right away against Ali?

Teo Stevenson was offered a fight with Ali , with no pro fights ,  everybody wanted it to happen

things like this have been done before , for the right exceptions lomachenko qualifies in that class

i dont blame arum for making the fight but he either A) couldve cancelled once salido didnt make the weight or B.) put a stipulation that salido had to weigh in again saturday at no more than 140lbs.  he shouldve also informed that crook dickie cole that lomachenko is the A side here in the fight and he's gonna need a fair and impartial referee. 

surprised the 10 lb limit on re hydration wasnt in effect myself, seems lomachenko has  a vast team , guys in place for everything, guess arum left it up to their arrogant asses and they all dropped the ball allowing salido to come in at welter

cant say I aint happy to see Arum take an L

I thought Laurence was pitching the double header tbh

Didnt Spinks get same treatment , title shot right away against Ali?

Teo Stevenson was offered a fight with Ali , with no pro fights ,  everybody wanted it to happen

things like this have been done before , for the right exceptions lomachenko qualifies in that class

Its never been right if it has been done before rican.

Its ironic that Khan has won World titles in two divisions and yet is not considered worthy of fighting Floyd by many and yet the same people justify a 1 fight professional boxer fighting for a world title!!

bad comparison with you chose with PBF and Salido

I dont know anybody trying to justify fighting the number 1 P4P guy in the sport , after 1 fight

bad comparison with you chose with PBF and Salido

I dont know anybody trying to justify fighting the number 1 P4P guy in the sport , after 1 fight

Thats not what im saying...its clear Khan hasnt earned the right, however his career achievements have at least given him some credibility, the same cannot be said about Loma!!