Alvarez V Lara July 12 Las Vegas

GRIM

WARRRRRR LARAAAAAAAAAA  :war

Golden Boy Promotions announced that their prized fighter Saul "Canelo" Alvarez could face Erislandy Lara on July 12 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Richard Schaefer, Golden Boy Promotions CEO, announced that Alvarez personally picked Lara, the reigning WBA junior middleweight champion. Schaefer pointed out that Canelo wants to silence his critics, who are saying that he is afraid of facing Lara.

"I think the two best 154-pounders next to Floyd Mayweather - is Lara and Canelo,"Schaefer said. "This is the guy Canelo wants to fight. He was very clear. He didn't want to hear other names. There are other names, but the one he really wants is Lara. He feels the fans, the public and the media feel he is afraid of fighting Lara."

lol so let me get this straight big bad Canelo has a take it or leave it offer on table for Lara who will be 2 months removed from a fight with Ishe Smith

plenty of time for Lara to get ready if he can take Ishe out in one round :madlol or does Lara opt out of the Smith fight?

Canelo is the real deal, I don't understand why everyone thinks he's a media hyped fighter (I used to be one of his toughest critics).. Canelo is a class operator, I agree he started off slow in his career and had quite the string of undersized and under-matched opponents, but since he fought Austin Trout he's done nothing but fight solid opposition. Lara/Alvarez is a great fight and one of the more meaningful fights to be made right now and not often do those fights actually happen. I hope it happens, it would be great for boxing.

Everyone seems to think Lara is all wrong for Alvarez based on his fight with Mayweather Jr.. What people don't realize is Floyd and Lara are nothing alike. Both great boxers, but Lara isn't nearly the defensive fighter Floyd is and has shown to have a leaky defensive several times already in his career. People also think Alvarez struggles against boxers that use their legs and move around the ring, but the truth is, it's hard for any fighter to look good against someone with good footwork, but again Lara isn't Floyd Mayweather Jr.. 

With that being said, I would actually favor Lara in this one.. It's really hard choice because I think they are both terrific fighters but I do feel Laras boxing ability and his in and out attacks will be enough to edge most of the rounds. But I could also see Alvarez simply being too strong and catching Lara and knocking him down multiple times and winning on the cards. A very tough fight to call IMO and not a fight I'd bet on.. But I'd favor Lara by a cunt hair.

I dont see anything but a win for Alvarez myself, as you say he is strong, but he is more than that now!!

• WBF OG

fuck alvarez. i have tickets to lara vs smith and if it gets replaced with some other shitty fight i will personally slap that cinnamon cunt

I agree some what, Canelo has shown to have a solid defense, he throws beautiful combinations, has a good chin, good power, good speed.. He's "almost" the total package. The only thing I think Canelo needs to work on is his footwork and cutting off the ring, especially against someone like Lara. Canelo has a tendency to fight flat footed and that isn't good when you're in there with a guy like Lara. It's one thing to get off a lot of shots against someone like Angulo who's right in front of you all the time or be in with guys that are smaller than you that can't handle your size and strength. But we saw in both the Trout and the Mayweather fights he didn't do well cutting off the ring and seemed to be content with staying in the middle of the ring and trying to outbox them. Canelo barely squeaked by Trout based on not letting his hands go, what's he going to do against a guy like Lara who has much better footwork and speed and will leave you like a deer in the headlights if you try to box him in the middle of the ring?

Unless Canelo learned something in the Floyd and Trout fight and learns how to cut off the ring and not be so content with trying to outbox his opponent I just don't see how he's going to bank a lot of rounds unless he can catch Lara frequently. I did say Lara has defensive liabilities but it's still no easy task to get to him on a consistent basis. It's a great fight and will answer a lot of questions about both fighters, especially Canelo on whether he's growing as a fighter. It's a interesting fight no matter how you spin it and I'm not totally confident that Lara would even win, but what I've seen from both of them, Lara has the edge based on his boxing ability.

I don't see Canelos footwork as a problem myself, he has improved in all aspects of his ability over the last 2/3 years and no more so than when to impose himself, he wont swing aimlessly looking for a big shot he is better than that-he will bide his time!!

ha jealous lil mofo? does that make you an asshat :pms

do you cry after masturbation while listening to drake like your yolo idol does ? all you asshats cling together for attention for some reason :nice