"I Want May 2, September 12" - Says Canelo

Mofo2

Alvarez has nationalistic pride and he is disappointed that the dates aren’t reserved for Mexican-themed boxing events.

"I would love to reclaim those dates, those dates are Mexican dates;  Cinco de Mayo, Mexican Independence Day. Next year, I want to be fighting on those dates.â€

who made these dates important  :meh Floyd?

he beat oscar on that date and he parlayed it since please give me the greatest fights on those dates in boxing history  :tdown

• WBF OG

Julio cesar chavez sr. always fought on those dates.

he's the one that made them important fight dates.  Oscar followed and now Floyd.

I wouldnt expect you to say Canelo would be right to want to reclaim the date -there is a little hate going on I seem to recall!!

• WBF OG

canelo and jcc jr are about the same.

they are leagues below jcc sr, Oscar, marquez, barrera, morales.

• WBF OG

you gonna tell me ginger hits harder and has a better chin than jr?

Julio cesar chavez sr. always fought on those dates.

he's the one that made them important fight dates.  Oscar followed and now Floyd.

i looked at his rec he barely fought on those dates too , not against pea or taylor one of the DLH fights he did but not many 

• Members

an all time great would be able to compete with the likes of leonard, duran, hearns, McClellan, benn, hagler, Jackson.

he'd never touch any of them if all were in their primes fighting at the same time.

• Members

chavez  fought Camacho, taylor, whitaker, and Oscar on or around September 16....only the biggest fights of his career.

May 5 means nothing to Mexicans in mexico.  canelo is just being a bitch ass by wanting may 5 also.