Protein supplementing

LMWBXR

• Members

I think I have the basics down.  Burn more calories than you eat, eat clean, whole, healthy food.

I am doing (trying to) high protein, moderate carb, low fat w/ tons of training (boxing, strength, cardio...).

I have read that it is good to strive for at least 1-1.5 gm of protein per lb of lean body weight.  That is a LOT 

of protein when trying to cut weight at the same time.  I have protein shakes that fit in this type of diet profile.

I started double scooping because at the end of the day I would have burned ..idk, 1500-3000 calories and 

see 64 Gm of protein intake.  I don't want to lose lean muscle mass or strength, Sooo...   Is it beneficial

and worth the effort to go to the lengths required to get that recommended amount of protein to feed your 

body?  I would need around  116Gm of protein a day at minimum.  Is it possible to see/feel a positive 

change by doing this? HELP. *please :-)

I've never been that scientific when it comes to food intake, for me it's always been eat healthy and not to the excess, with regular exercise!

Is it possible to see/feel a positive 

Yes it is possible!

But don't get caught up with all the technical mumbo jumbo and exact measurements. Protein is very essential for many reasons to the athlete it is the building block, when your body is fueled correctly you feel the differences in your performance. The best approach is as you stated "Burn more calories than you eat, eat clean, whole, healthy food."

• Members

Thank you gentlemen.   :ph34r   I will work on getting the protein in and stick with the rest of the plan I'm using.  Results would nice, LOL...