Crolla-Abril clash in doubt

Mofo2

Anthony Crolla’s planned world title fight on September 13 may be in jeopardy. The New Moston boxer was set to take on Richar Abril for the WBA world lightweight title at the Phones 4u Arena in Manchester. Those plans now look up in the air after promoter Eddie Hearn revealed a stumbling block has been reached.

“There are a few legal issues with Abril so it doesn’t look like it is going anywhere at the moment,†said Hearn.

“We’ve been in discussions for a long time but there comes a cut-off point and that is fast approaching.

“I’d be disappointed if the fight doesn’t happen but I’m sure Crolla will get a world title shot even if it’s not on September 13.â€

Despite the potential setback, 27-year-old Crolla is still preparing for a September return.

“It will be a shame if I don’t get the fight with Abril but I’ll still be in there with a big name no matter what,†he said.

“Hopefully we should have an announcement on the fight in the next week or so.â€

• WBF OG

besides joshy and richar's family, who the fuck wants to see him fight?

• WBF OG

school doesn't mean exciting.  I pay to see action, not tap tap shit.

then again, you love seeing men in speedos spoon so what can we expect from you, right?

• WBF OG

if a chump like cain velazquez can be champ, what does that say about mma?  oh yeah, it sucks ass.  Mexicans don't practice mma as much as whitey yet a Mexican won the biggest title.

• WBF OG

I'm sure he'd like to get me in the ring with speedos and spoon me.

no thanks!

• WBF OG

haha!  yeah, ok.

as sonny Corleone said, your country is not your blood.

• WBF OG

no, its true.

like I said before, if you have two Mexican parents, you are automatically born with dual citizenship.  he IS Mexican.....its the law.

suck it!