Brook: I can stop Porter in the first round

Mofo2

Kell Brook believes his power could overwhelm Shawn Porter as early as the first round of Saturday's world welterweight fight in at the StubHub Center in Carson, California, on Saturday. The 28 year old will be challenging for a world title for the first time two years after winning an eliminator for Porter's IBF belt. 

The unbeaten Sheffield boxer has had to wait for his chance because of injuries and Porter opting for a voluntary defence against Paulie Malignaggi before facing him. Brook was not overly impressed by Porter's fourth-round demolition of New Yorker Malignaggi or other recent wins over Devon Alexander and Julio Diaz. 

"I've got no doubts about the result," Brook told ESPN of this weekend's bout. "I think I can get a stoppage from round one. If I clip him, I'm going to finish him. I hit hard, harder than his previous opponents, and I will be looking for it. He has beaten the likes of Malignaggi and Diaz, but their best days are behind them. Diaz and Malignaggi have been in hard fights recently so you can't look too much into those wins Porter had over them."

I am looking forward to this as well; its a tough test for Porter and a Big Ask for Brook, but I reckon Brook will go against the general opinion and win this one!!

I am looking forward to this as well; its a tough test for Porter and a Big Ask for Brook, but I reckon Brook will go against the general opinion and win this one!!

Brook is no slouch, always finds a way to win ala danny swift

wasnt long ago Porter struggled with Juan Diaz , good match up , as far as Porter getting PBF next I still think Thurman should be next 

Brook is no slouch, always finds a way to win ala danny swift

wasnt long ago Porter struggled with Juan Diaz , good match up , as far as Porter getting PBF next I still think Thurman should be next 

I agree mate but he divides opinion greatly over here, he only won me over by taking the Carson Jones rematch - gotta say I am starting to buy into him at long last!!

HA! you say brook has no ground to call out khan, but now your buying into him  :chin

I am a complex character that repeatedly causes confusion...I understand this :D

he can box and punch 

I think when naz said 3 years ago he could ko Pac at that time, he made me harder on Kell , but Saturday its a 50/50 fight no question  

Kell was hyped by pretty much everyone over here at one time or the other, but the earliest one that called it right was Joabb......I remember ripping him years ago when Kell was coming through and he said he was good enough to be a World Champion and I thought he looked a little to easy to tag; come saturday he could be proved right, he banged his drum for years!