Guillermo Rigondeaux wants Scott Quigg

blackrican23

Rigondeaux_vs-Kokietgym-Macau-farina.jpg

The handlers of RING junior featherweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux are pursuing a defense against RING No. 3-rated 122-pounder Scott Quigg since Chris Avalos has declined a mandatory shot at Rigondeaux’s WBO title.
Caribe Promotions won the WBO’s Sept. 19 purse bid for the right to promote Rigondeaux-Avalos and had planned to hold the bout on Nov. 22 in either either Miami or the Dominican Republic.

But Top Rank Promotions Vice President Carl Moretti said Avalos (24-2, 18 knockouts) was instead pursuing RING No. 1-rated IBF beltholder Carl Frampton calling the move “a scenario that presents a much better opportunity for Chris.â€

So Rigondeaux (14-0, 9 KOs), also the WBA’s titleholder is going after Quigg (29-0, 22 KOs), who, like Frampton, has ties to promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport.

To that end, Pat English, an attorney working on behalf of Rigondeaux and his manager, Gary Hyde, has requested mutual blessings of the WBA and WBO for Rigondeaux to face Quigg.

“Rigondeaux is the ‘super champion’ and we’ve asked the WBA about it. Their WBA mandatory is overdue. Given the fact that Avalos has backed out, we’ve asked the WBA to go forward with that mandatory. I would think that they would go with it. Otherwise, what else are we going to do?†stated English.

“We’d like to coordinate that through the two organizations. I did write a letter to [WBO President] Paco [Valcarcel] and I spoke to [WBA Vice President] Gilberto Mendoza Jr. and I wrote him an email also based upon my conversation with him. So that’s where it stands. Whether or not Quigg will back out, I can’t tell you. I don’t know.â€

Hyde spoke to RingTV.com from Santa Monica, Calif., where he is with Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam in advance of Wednesday’s IBF middleweight title eliminator bout against Curtis Stevens at the Barker Hangar.

“I’m here with N’Dam and we have the weigh-in today. But once we get beyond that, I will try to get in touch with Eddie Hearn some time next week,†said Hyde. “I’m sure that the WBA will ask us to begin negotiations. At this point, though, I haven’t yet reached out.â€

Rigondeaux, 34, was last in action for a first round knockout of Sod Kokietgym on a Top Rank Promotions card in Macao, China in July. Rigondeaux ended a 36-0-1 unbeaten streak for Kokietgym and was coming off consecutive unanimous decisions over Nonito Donaire in April 2013 and Joseph Agbeko in December.

Rigondeaux won the RING and WBO titles against Donaire and the WBA title against Rico Ramos in January 2012 in his ninth pro bout.

Quigg, 25, is 8-0-2 with eight knockouts in his past 10 fights and was last in action for a third round stoppage of Stephane Jamoye on Sept. 13.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/358065-guillermo-rigondeaux-wants-scott-quigg

he wants no part of leo holy cross.

seems its goldie that is keeping him away, he wants mares / lsc . Quigg needs to step up and prove his worth 

• WBF OG

yeah, yeah.....its actually sea if you're really technical about it, puto.

you got the idea, though.  seas/holy cross would be a great fight.

• WBF OG

gonzalez is gonna fight arce on Saturday so mares has to wait anyway for his unfinished bidniz..

• WBF OG

jHonny is going to have his hands full with Mischievous.  I'm looking at an upset, actually.

He is WBA 'regular' champeen because they elevated Rigo to "Supa" champeen.

Quigg has defended 4 times now Supa Champeen Rigo calls him out as his mando, and I agree. alot of guys at this weight can fight lets stop giving them " belts" and let them fight one another to sort this out