Carl Froch edges towards Mikkel Kessler

Mofo2

The Cobra, 37, is on the brink of agreeing a deal to face Dane Kessler at the O2 Arena rather than defend his world titles against DeGale in what could be his farewell fight.

Froch and Kessler have won one apiece in world super-middleweight title tussles.

The IBF and WBA champion will discuss his options with promoter Eddie Hearn on Tuesday but does not feel he could get motivated for a fight with DeGale, 28.

If Froch chooses to fight Kessler next in a decider, he will have to give up his IBF belt after Londoner DeGale won an eliminator for that title in May.

Hearn still hopes he can stage Froch-DeGale at Wembley on either June 27 or July 4 next year.

He said: "Mikkel Kessler is definitely one of the options with it being 1-1 and I'm talking to his promoter all the time.

"The O2 Arena is pencilled in for January 31 and it might be Froch-Kessler III or it might be Froch-DeGale but I'm not sure.

"Carl is in a position that he wants the right terms and opponent otherwise he doesn't want to fight.

"After all Carl has achieved and after the high of fighting in front of 80,000 fans at Wembley, it has to be the fight and not just because it's his mandatory defence.

"He has maybe two fights left and he wants to do things he hasn't done before.

"We might see him wait until the summer before he fights again but I think he will fight again."

Kessler said: "I am sitting by the phone, hoping something is going to happen soon - I want a decider with Carl."

• WBF OG

Possibly his last fight and the previous two were very good scraps....so why not??

because kessler is far gone from his prime. he won the match that counted. froch is such a cowardly bloke

• WBF OG

The last fight was just ok..it wasnt that entertaining tbh.

Froch should fight a Dirrel brother or JCC Jr. I also wouldnt mind seeing him KO sturm.

yea everyone is clamoring for a froch dirrell rematch

I would myself Dan but when it all comes down to it he is in the final throws of a very good career and he is hunting the money even more so now!!

• Members

So...once again he's choosing the easier way! :cop Kessler's prime has been over since 2009, that has clearly been established after the Ward fight. So why fight him AGAIN?? He's such a cunt this Froch, he wants to win their trilogy so he can say to everyone "see, I'm better than him". Well surprise surprise cunty-you never will be and you never was!

So...once again he's choosing the easier way! :cop Kessler's prime has been over since 2009, that has clearly been established after the Ward fight. So why fight him AGAIN?? He's such a cunt this Froch, he wants to win their trilogy so he can say to everyone "see, I'm better than him". Well surprise surprise cunty-you never will be and you never was!

If you seriously thing that a potential fight with Kessler is easier than a fight with Degale who got his ass owned by Groves; who in turn got wasted.....TWICE....by Froch you are seriously disturbed :pms

Besides you said that Groves was his best fight option last time out and that he would be a coward if he didn't give the rematch....you need to remember what shit you post mate :pms

• Members

If you seriously thing that a potential fight with Kessler is easier than a fight with Degale who got his ass owned by Groves; who in turn got wasted.....TWICE....by Froch you are seriously disturbed :pms

Besides you said that Groves was his best fight option last time out and that he would be a coward if he didn't give the rematch....you need to remember what shit you post mate :pms

First of all, MUPPET: Chunky did NOT get OWNED by Ginger George, it was a very close fight. Second: are you SERIOUSLY gonna claim Kessler is still game and near prime??! If you do then you are really beyond all hope, you should ask Froch to marry you!

First of all, MUPPET: Chunky did NOT get OWNED by Ginger George, it was a very close fight. Second: are you SERIOUSLY gonna claim Kessler is still game and near prime??! If you do then you are really beyond all hope, you should ask Froch to marry you!

Can Degale beat Kessler??? Answer Can he fuck :wave

Besides I have not said at any point Kessler was near his Prime, so please don't make shit up to try and win a point you have no chance of coming out on top in :coffee 

Kessler is a tougher fight than Chunky and that's quite simply a fact you choose to ignore :wave

shame to dismiss Degale so easily, without question he is more dangerous then kessler at this point. degale groves was a close fight  and groves was hardly eager to give chunky a rematch lets not forget

Froch already has said he cant get up for a degale fight that is another plus for degale .  I give Froch the respect he deserves for his accomplishments but he is ripe for alot of guys at this point .If degale wins in Liverpool in November  he should be next unless Froch does fight GGG or Kov.

Kessler Froch 3 is as intriguing as Duran Leonard 3   :slobkilla 

• Upvote 1

• Members

Better is a matter of opinion....he has achieved massively more than Degale has at the very least!!

Ok...I'll give him that. But he will never be great. Degale may achieve more if he stays focused.

Ok...I'll give him that. But he will never be great. Degale may achieve more if he stays focused.

Degale is a decent fighter, but Euro level at best!!