Croatian boxer attacks referee

blackrican23

I saw no reason for the stoppage myself, I actually saw no reason for the count also, considering it was an amateur event where they are more protective of the boxers, the count was bogus to me. But not a good idea and sportsmanship to KO the ref. :palm

• Members

I saw nothing wrong with what the fighter did. :) I thought it was quite a nice punch.

Haha...sure was and done masterfully, from a difficult angle. :rofl I mean, imagine how hard he had to train for this event and then this IDIOTIC ref takes it all away like that! I'd be pretty pissed off myself. Not saying I'd do the same, this was not a good thing to do, but still...gotta put yourself in his shoes.

More on Amateur Boxer who KO’d Referee

By Ognian Georgiev/Bulgaria Today

Croatian amateur fighter Vido Loncar, who knocked out the referee after his bout against Lithuanian Algirdas Baniulis, was arrested. The scandal took place following a 81 kg division match during the European Youth Championships in Zagreb, Croatia. Loncar was dragged from the ring by the officials and then was handed over to the police authorities. Currently he is in jail.

8 hours after the brutal beating, the Croatian Boxing Federation has banned the hooligan for life.

“This is the worst thing that could happen,†said the general secretary of the Croatian Federation Marko Marovic, as quoted by HINA agency. “This is a disgrace to Zagreb and Croatia. All our efforts that we put into organizing the event were trashed. The boxing image of Croatia was destroyed in seconds.â€

Loncar’s coaches received temporary suspensions. Their fate will be decided after a hearing.

The Polish referee, who was beaten with almost a dozen brutal shots, is in the hospital with a concussion. He is in shock not only because of the beating, but from alleged death threats from Loncar. The Croatian didn’t agree with the stoppage of the fight and went berserk.

The referee got what he deserved that looked like a little bit of cheating going on there!!

imagine if roy jones acted in such a manner at the Olympic games in Seoul