Bellew predicts Cleverly KO, addresses PPV complaints

Mofo2

Cruiserweight contender Tony Bellew is adamant that a knockout is on the horizon as 'The Bomber' prepares to trade punches with arch-nemesis Nathan Cleverly in under two weeks time.

The 31 year-old puncher, who has impressed since moving up to 200lbs, is currently finishing off training with respected boxing figure Dave Coldwell and says he is ready to go as fight week approaches.

"Everything is going great," Bellew told World Boxing News on Wednesday.

"Dave is a top coach who has got me in fantastic shape. He's a task master In the gym and when we get in there he is firmly the boss inside those four walls."

Asked whether he has seen anything from Cleverly's move up to the 200lb limit that would suggest he will approach the fight differently, Bellew stated: "Nothing at all. He's not a puncher!

"If he trades with me it'll be over quickly. I don't claim I'm the second coming of Mike Tyson, I just know if I land clean I can hurt fighters."

The return with Cleverly is set to be shown on Sky Sports Box Office with a one-off charge of £16.95, something which received a cold shoulder from some fans who have even set-up protest groups to boycott the fight.

A card containing George Groves, James DeGale, Jamie McDonnell, Anthony Joshua and many more is not to be sniffed at though, according to Bellew – who says the Echo Arena event is well worth a watch to any fan.

"It's a fight everyone wants to see that's why there complaining," said Bellew. "If it was Sid Razak v Peter Buckley people wouldn't moan, they just wouldn't pay. But this fight is a fight people want to see an it's that simple.

"Should it be PPV? On its own that's not fair, but as a card yes it is PPV!

"There have been lesser cards on PPV before. The bill is stacked with world class fighters and a few world champions, plus it also has some high level prospects in good fights on there too."

Going into next week's build-up, a supercharged atmosphere is expected to fill the room each time the fighter's are in each others vicinity, although Bellew was decidedly calm when predicting how the formalities will play out.

"I'll remain calm throughout fight week and in the ring. I'm a seasoned professional who has learnt the hard way. I will not let emotions play a part in this fight and I see a KO victory coming."

The winner of the massive UK bout will be in line to challenge one of the main players in the cruiserweight division in 2015, with the likes of WBC title holder Grigory Drozd, WBO king Marco Huck and IBF champion Yoan Pablo Hernandez all in the firing line.

who else is on the card? is it really ppv worthy?

Some names you might just recognize:

James Degale

Scott Quigg

Anthony Joshua

George Groves

Full card details

..............and no its not worth paying for, is anything (?) just get an Acestream in HD. There will be lots of stable links here.

By the way its free in USA on AWE.

Be interesting to see the PPV figures on this one  - if they ever get made public - I think its a BIG mistake.

And for the loser of this I predict a swift descent into obscurity................

Be interesting to see the PPV figures on this one  - if they ever get made public - I think its a BIG mistake.

And for the loser of this I predict a swift descent into obscurity................

I agree the loser has nowhere to go from this; I don't expect the figures to be that spectacular either but the quality of the card justifies it!! 

The stadium sold out in record time for all 10,000 tickets!!

I heard that bellew said some stuff about cleverly recently...he said cleverly goes to AA meetings & that his dad chases little girls? Is this shit true?

No he said it about his Uncle and yes it is true he has  been charged with Kiddie Fiddling!!