WTF? JON JONES TESTS POSITIVE FOR COCAINE, ENTERS DRUG REHAB

GRIM

Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Jones  :chin

Jon Jones has reportedly tested positive for cocaine metabolites during a pre-UFC 182 drug test and since checked himself into rehab.

Through a report from Yahoo Sports, the UFC light heavyweight champion announced the decision.

“With the support of my family, I have entered into a drug treatment facility. I want to apologize to my fiancée, my children, as well as my mother, father, and brothers for the mistake that I made,” Jones told Yahoo Sports. “I also want to apologize to the UFC, my coaches, my sponsors and equally important to my fans. I am taking this treatment program very seriously. Therefore, at this time my family and I would appreciate privacy.”

When reached for comment Jones' trainer, Greg Jackson, told Sherdog.com via text, "I'm glad to hear he's taking steps to not make that mistake again."

The test that Jones failed was administered Dec. 4 and the substance in question was benzoylecgonine, the main metabolite in cocaine. Since benzoylecgonine is not banned out-of-competition, the Nevada Athletic Commission was unable to prevent Jones from competing against Daniel Cormier this past Saturday.

“I am proud of Jon Jones for making the decision to enter a drug treatment facility,” said UFC President Dana White in a statement. “I’m confident that he’ll emerge from this program like the champion he truly is.”

The report also notes that the commission issued a follow-up test to Jones, which the 27-year-old passed. The exact date for the second exam is unknown.

“We support UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones’ decision to enter a drug treatment facility to address his recent issue. While we are disappointed in the failed test, we applaud him for making this decision to enter a drug treatment facility,” read a UFC-issued statement. “Jon is a strong, courageous fighter inside the Octagon, and we expect him to fight this issue with the same poise and diligence. We commend him on his decision, and look forward to him emerging from this program a better man as a result.”

• 3 weeks later...

Ohhhhhh boyyyy just great :palm

Silva tested positive for two anabolic steroids, drostanolone and androstane.

And Diaz had elevated levels of marijuana metabolites in his system.

• 2 months later...

More details on Jone's hit and run incident

Investigators found marijuana and a marijuana pipe inside the car that Jon Jones allegedly abandoned moments after a hit and run crash in New Mexico ... cops say. 

TMZ Sports has obtained the police report ... in which cops say witnesses saw a man believed to be the UFC champ run from the crash scene moments after slamming into a car carrying  a pregnant woman. 

One witness says Jones got out of his silver Buick and ran into the hills -- before slouching over and darting back to the car to grab a "large handful of cash." 

After that, witnesses say Jones jumped a nearby fence and ran off.  

As for the initial crash, cops say Jones ran a red light ... and slammed into the pregnant woman's car. The woman told responders she felt like she was going to pass out. She was taken to a nearby hospital. 

Cops tried multiple times to contact Jones -- but were unable to reach the UFC superstar.  

Story developing ... 

Jon Jones suspended, stripped of title; Daniel Cormier fights Anthony Johnson at UFC 187

In a bombshell announcement on Fox Sports Live, UFC president Dana White confirmed that Jon Jones has been stripped of his belt, which will now be contested between Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson at UFC 187.

Jones met with White and Lorenzo Fertitta after he posted bail and was released from Albuquerque police custody. He is currently charged with leaving the scene of an accident causing death or personal injuries after he crashed his SUV into a pregnant woman's car on Sunday morning. The woman sustained non-life threatening injuries but did break her arm. Jones turned himself in to authorities on Monday after a warrant for his arrest was issued.

Obviously there will be plenty of fallout over this decision throughout Wednesday and Bloody Elbow will continue to provide coverage on the UFC's choice to remove Jones from his position as the 205 lbs champion, and the insertion of Daniel Cormier to face Johnson to become the new champ. According to Dave Sholler, a decision has not yet been made regarding the June 6th UFC Fight Night main event that was supposed to be headlined by Cormier vs. Ryan Bader.

• 5 months later...