Jay Z snatches Ward and Shaw's whole stable

GRIM

Andre Ward joins Roc Nation Sports

Super middleweight champion Andre Ward, who has fought only twice in the past three years -- mainly because of a protracted contact battle with Goossen Promotions -- is about to get a lot busier.

Music mogul Jay Z's Roc Nation Sports, in its biggest move yet since opening a boxing promotion division in August, signed Ward on Friday, shortly after Ward worked out an agreement to part ways with Goossen Promotions.

Roc Nation acquires Shaw stable

NEW YORK -- On the eve of the first boxing card being put on by music mogul Jay Z's Roc Nation Sports, the company on Thursday completed a deal to buy promoter Gary Shaw's company, giving it an instant stable of fighters.

The deal, which had been in the works for more than a month, was finalized around the time Roc Nation Sports was conducting the weigh-in for its first card Friday night (Fox Sports 1/Fox Deportes, 10 ET) at the Theater at Madison Square Garden, which is headlined by welterweight prospect Dusty Hernandez-Harrison against Tommy Rainone.

Under the agreement, Gary Shaw Productions will be absorbed into Roc Nation Sports -- including most of the contracts of the 20 or so fighters he promotes -- and Shaw will run Roc Nation Sports' boxing division along with chief operating officer David Itskowitch, who joined the company before it announced in August that it would begin promoting boxing.

"Gary Shaw joins David as the heads of Roc Nation boxing, and they'll make a great team to help lead the company through this venture," said Roc Nation Sports spokesman Ron Berkowitz.

The tries snatching Broner also but he ain't playing that!

Three-time world boxing champ Adrien Broner fiercely attacked Jay Z for what he says is a highly insulting offer to join Roc Nation Sports. 

Adrien just appeared on "TMZ Hollywood Sports" and skewered the hop-hop mogul/sports titan for offering him a paltry $40 mil for 5 years. Adrien reaffirmed his directive that Jay could "suck my dick." 

Going after Jay Z takes balls, but he got even ballsier when he went after another Roc Nation client, Rihanna, whom he says could go f herself, adding the only thing she's good for is pussy.

• Members

oh yeah why ? besides he is black we know  :slobkilla

:rofl Feck off Ric! You know why. He's always looking to take the biggest piece of the cake. What a slippery, greedy fucker. If you say all black celebs are like that, then ok. :D But I hope it's not the case, haha.

He's always looking to take the biggest piece of the cake. What a slippery, greedy fucker. 

hmmm sounds as if you really dont know much about his ventures , i mean everybody should shoot for the top , which he does. 

he was very much low key as part owner of Nets, and his sports agency firm has secured some of the biggest contracts for his clients , so he tries to get his clients the biggest piece of the cake isnt that what he is supposed to do ?

how does landing one of your clients a 10 year 240 million dollar deal make him greedy?

surely if you listen to reasonable doubt the message was then same back then, list for me your examples for his greed? 

• Members

TBF Jay Z has always come over as a good/ loveable type of gangsta slayer :D

Thats the impression everybody seems to have. But below that surface he may be something else. :stir

TBF Jay Z has always come over as a good/ loveable type of gangsta slayer :D

sorry mate you need to get your stereo types correct , Jay has only been a hustla never a gangsta  :coffee

• Members

your reaching with the old people , exactly what backs your claims? you seem to know very little about the man 

:pms Relax, I was asking you what it was, wasn't making no CLAIMS. :stir

:pms Relax, I was asking you what it was, wasn't making no CLAIMS. :stir

you came into thread making claims  :wave  thought you were well versed in Hova 101  :pms

yep just like i said all things black shake you up  :coffee

• Members

you came into thread making claims  :wave  thought you were well versed in Hova 101  :pms

yep just like i said all things black shake you up  :coffee

You wish! :stir

sorry mate you need to get your stereo types correct , Jay has only been a hustla never a gangsta  :coffee

drug dealer...hoodie....all the same thing to Me my man :coffee

• 3 weeks later...

Gary Shaw retains fighters in split

The marriage between rap mogul Jay Z's Roc Nation Sports, a newcomer to the boxing promotional scene, and longtime promoter Gary Shaw lasted barely a month.

Roc Nation Sports entered the boxing business in August and the day before it promoted its first card on Jan. 9 at the Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York, Shaw sold his company to Roc Nation Sports and went to work for it. Shaw had moved into the Roc Nation offices in New York, brought his staff with him and worked the card last month.

He was in the process of finalizing the assignment of many of his fighter contracts from his old company, Gary Shaw Productions, to Roc Nation Sports. But things were not going smoothly -- there was plenty of infighting at the company, according to various sources -- and they decided to part ways in a surprising move.

As part of that agreement, Shaw resigned from the company on Friday and they are in the process of completing their separation in a deal in which Shaw will leave with his fighters and staff and continue doing business as Gary Shaw Productions.

"We gave it a try and unfortunately it did not work out for both parties," Shaw told ESPN.com on Monday. "It is an amicable separation. Roc Nation was very professional at our meeting and they allowed me to keep all of my fighters and my company, and terminate any agreements we had together. They gave me back my company."

Roc Nation Sports spokesman Ron Berkowitz told ESPN.com, "Both parties decided to go their own way and we wish Gary nothing but the best."

The biggest immediate byproduct of the split is that Roc Nation Sports will not be involved in heavyweight contender Bryant Jennings' title challenge against world champion Wladimir Klitschko on April 25 (HBO) at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Jennings (19-0, 10 KOs), Shaw's highest-profile fighter, was the key fighter Roc Nation Sports acquired in the initial deal to buy Shaw's company. Now Roc Nation will be nowhere to be seen when the formal news conference to announce the bout takes place on Wednesday at Madison Square Garden.