Wilder decisions Stiverne to win WBC heavyweight title, first American champ since 2007

blackrican23

wilder-stiverne680.jpg

In a coronation of sorts, 2008 U.S. Olympic Heavyweight Bronze Medalist Deontay Wilder, (33-0, 32 KOs), captured the WBC heavyweight title, surprisingly outboxing the reigning champion Bermane Stiverne, (24-2-1, 21 KOs), over twelve rounds in front of an announced crowd of 8,453 on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The wide unanimous decision read 118-109, 119-108, 120-107.

Coming into the bout, many questioned whether Wilder could win a decision against Stiverne, never having previously gone the distance or been past four rounds in any fight and never having faced a professional fighter of Stiverne’s caliber. However Wilder answered those questions and more, controlling nearly every round with a steady jab and constant movement that prevented Stiverne from mounting a sustained attack. Stiverne was left having to lunge forward trying to land one punch at a time on Wilder. But even on the few occasions when Stiverne did land cleanly, Wilder showed a solid chin to go along with his superior boxing skills.

With a valuable combination of youth, skill, and charisma, the sky is the limit for the first undefeated American heavyweight titlist since Shannon Briggs, who held the WBO belt in 2006-2007.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wilder-decisions-stiverne-win-wbc-heavyweight-title-276558

I agree on a performance like that he will stop Wlad...very clinical performance, having said that Stiverne was disappointing for the 5/6 rounds of the fight throwing little in return!!

• Members

I agree on a performance like that he will stop Wlad...very clinical performance, having said that Stiverne was disappointing for the 5/6 rounds of the fight throwing little in return!!

:facepalm I see the lunacy has spread. U must really HATE Wlad to post such a drivel!

Wlad is coming to the end and is slowing down and that fucker is already slow...besides when was the last time he performed like that??? In fact when has he ever performed like that???

There is no way what so ever Wlad would be able to absorb punches like that and he couldn't tie up his opponent....he is too tall and has a better jab!!  

• Members

Wlad is coming to the end and is slowing down and that fucker is already slow...besides when was the last time he performed like that??? In fact when has he ever performed like that???

There is no way what so ever Wlad would be able to absorb punches like that and he couldn't tie up his opponent....he is too tall and has a better jab!!  

I realised what u think of him when the word FUCKER appeared. Didn't he just starch Pulev in 5 rounds, Pulev who was supposed to be THE NEW THING? He may be coming to the end but he still got enough in him to blast an overrated one trick pony like Wilder away!

Pulev considered to be the new thing...by who exactly?????? :pms 

You say one trick Pony, but Klits whole career has been just that....jab....left, right........hold!!!! what a boring boring fighter that man is, fucking shite!!  

• Members

Pulev considered to be the new thing...by who exactly?????? :pms

You say one trick Pony, but Klits whole career has been just that....jab....left, right........hold!!!! what a boring boring fighter that man is, fucking shite!!  

PLENTY people I know. :coffee Stop embarrassing yourself already by talking straight outa your ass, ok? ;) You talk with your heart instead of your head too much matey.

You use the words 'embarrassing yourself' every single time your boxing knowledge gets shown to be very thin at the very least  :wave the mere fact you have the audacity to tell me to think with my head when you have come out with some of the strangest boxing points of view the internet has ever heard  has me pissing myself laughing :rofl

sorry but nuthang Wilder showed me sez he will knock off wald pussy. wald pussy has perfected his octopus with power style i dont think wilder can handle the clutch and grab mauling.

TBH i think wilder has trouble with fury. Fury has a better jab and better feet , wilder might could crash his chin but the man throws ZERO body punches and is clumsy with his footwork. fury only has to protect his head

wilder is still a big question mark to me, his jab was mostly effective against a smaller guy early but not so much later. if Stiverne ever tried to stay composed and not jump outta his shoes winging wild haymakers he might have changed the fight, seems the trash talking during fight played well for wilder

Apparently Pulev was highly regarded.....by plenty of people he knows supposedly... just not by anyone who knows about boxing it seems  :chin

As for Wilder v Klit.....the jab is the key here and Wlad wouldn't be able to get near Deontray to spoil, he was surprisingly very mobile off the back foot!!

• Members

You use the words 'embarrassing yourself' every single time your boxing knowledge gets shown to be very thin at the very least  :wave the mere fact you have the audacity to tell me to think with my head when you have come out with some of the strangest boxing points of view the internet has ever heard  has me pissing myself laughing :rofl

:rofl Please...don't make me take out the best Blackadder arsenal! :D U tempt me too much with it sometimes, it's too tempting not to use it.