Froch Injury Blow

Mofo2

Carl Froch is aiming to return to the ring in the summer after picking up an elbow injury in his return to training.

The Cobra's team are currently in talks with Mexico's Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr about a potential fight in Las Vegas, but has been forced to delay his return due to then injury.

"I'm disappointed to have to let this opportunity go but at this stage in my career I have to make every fight count," Froch, who hasn't boxed since his Wembley Stadium clash with George Groves, said.

"I will get some treatment and then we will look to make this fight or another big fight in the early summer."

Promoter Eddie Hearn added: "We have been deep in negotiations for some time and we were almost ready to go.

"Carl has gone into fights before not 100 per cent fit and paid the price and he has made the right decision to hang fire. We will have a meeting early next week and plan out 2015. I'm confident we will see him back in the ring this summer."

Agreed Hank....Carl has consistently performed well for years now and yet there are still lunatics on the board that give him shit...go figure :coffee

That's a fact....he will take at least 10-15,000 Brits to see him fight in Vegas....he sold over 80,0000 against Groves!! So not Bold in the least, on the contrary just someone that knows what he is talking about :wave

• Members

That's a fact....he will take at least 10-15,000 Brits to see him fight in Vegas....he sold over 80,0000 against Groves!! So not Bold in the least, on the contrary just someone that knows what he is talking about :wave

Ok, now u are starting to say that a little too much. :cop Don't unleash hell! :rofl DO YOU REALLY WANNA DO IT? :stir

• Members

I think it is a straw man argument to say Froch doesn't sell well. I believe his last fight had one of the largest live audiences of all time, and sold out in hours, the man has star power and an entire country behind him. You can argue his skillset all you want, and to an extent I can agree, but the guy is entertaining and charismatic, and he does sell out venues.

Can he sell out the MGM grand? Perhaps, depending on the opponent, but I do know it won't flop. 

I didn't say he doesn't. Rican said something in that direction, I just said nobody in Mexico will miss him. And do you really think THEY can?

I think it is a straw man argument to say Froch doesn't sell well. I believe his last fight had one of the largest live audiences of all time, and sold out in hours, the man has star power and an entire country behind him. You can argue his skillset all you want, and to an extent I can agree, but the guy is entertaining and charismatic, and he does sell out venues.

Can he sell out the MGM grand? Perhaps, depending on the opponent, but I do know it won't flop. 

all that is fair across the pond nobody here is lining up to see him in vegas. last one was there against a rival who had a good following as well , drunk ass soccer hooligans will fill any venue over there  :slobkilla

lets see him sell out MGM with hopkins  :rofl  at least JCC has fans , BHop cant do more then 5K fighting even here on east coast

let me state for the record i have been a supporter of Froch on this board , nothing against his skill set  nor his ring accomplishments, that he is a whiny cunt who over inflates his ego and his worth is what i am getting at. Where were the 10-15 K brits when he fought in AC? that fight was held in front of crickets  :nice

• Members

all that is fair across the pond nobody here is lining up to see him in vegas. last one was there against a rival who had a good following as well , drunk ass soccer hooligans will fill any venue over there  :slobkilla

lets see him sell out MGM with hopkins  :rofl  at least JCC has fans , BHop cant do more then 5K fighting even here on east coast

let me state for the record i have been a supporter of Froch on this board , nothing against his skill set  nor his ring accomplishments, that he is a whiny cunt who over inflates his ego and his worth is what i am getting at. Where were the 10-15 K brits when he fought in AC? that fight was held in front of crickets  :nice

Skill set? What skill set? :pms

Froch has had considerable air time in the UK since then; only the hardcore even knew he existed because he had next to no coverage by any of the networks over here.....ohhhh the times they have a Changed :coffee

fuk all you poppy cock josueB , i state facts you state shit as usual.

the man is no draw in the US and now when he faces BHop then it will be BOREnard's fault .

nobody I repeat NO FUCKING BODY is clamoring to see Froch in Vegas  :wave

as if Froch vs Ward wasnt the biggest fight Froch has had  :madlol

Froch will fill Vegas with his fans himself.....you talk out of your butt cheeks rican :cheah

talk is cheap just like your buster brown shoes  :wave

I wonder why its more prestigious to sell out 18K at MGM then 80K at a soccer hooligan fest :meh 

I didnt make it that way , guess all things outside the US just dont measure up :crackup  

talk is cheap just like your buster brown shoes  :wave

My talk aint cheap its fact that he is selling out his venues with ease now...Froch has picked up a big following and he would undoubtedly sell out!! 

• Members

My talk aint cheap its fact that he is selling out his venues with ease now...Froch has picked up a big following and he would undoubtedly sell out!! 

Poor moffy...always living in delusion. :fpalm  :D

Brief Statement on behalf of those on WBF who have common sense.

Anyone that participates in implying or agreeing that Froch is a Duck is a Retarded Fuckwitt!!

Closed Statement! 

• Members

Dont talk shit....he sold out nearly 90, 000 tickets vs Groves you Dick :wave

:rofl Sooo happy for him then! :D But he can only DREAM of selling that much OUTSIDE UK! :coffee And it was also thanks to GROVES himself, don't forget that! :cop