Alvarez to fight Kirkland!

GRIM

Lets hope Kirkland makes it to the ring, cause I got my money on him :tup

Former junior middleweight titlist Canelo Alvarez, who withdrew from talks to challenge middleweight world champion Miguel Cotto last week because Cotto was taking too long to make a deal, officially moved on Friday as he and slugger James Kirkland signed to fight each other, Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya told ESPN.com.

The scheduled 12-round bout, which will be at a contract maximum weight of 155 pounds, likely will take place May 2 either at the Alamodome in San Antonio or the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, De La Hoya said.

Canelo Alvarez signed on to fight James Kirkland on Friday, Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya said.

De La Hoya said the fight will be live on HBO, not on pay-per-view.

Kirkland signed for the fight a couple of days ago. Alvarez signed after De La Hoya visited him at his San Diego home to close the deal Friday.

"The fight is done. Kirkland signed, Canelo has signed," De La Hoya said.

damn G will be broke and mex crying  :coffee

naaaaaaaaa m8, Kirkland has been to the pen before   :facepalm  :madlol

WTF does going to the pen has to do with boxing?

Warrrrrrrr  :war

i dont see how you can pick this part time boxer to beat anyone G, sometimes you gotta face reality and not pick like mex based on dislike  :D

i dont see how you can pick this part time boxer to beat anyone G, sometimes you gotta face reality and not pick like mex based on dislike  :D

It is the opposite for me bro, I pick based on like :ltup

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Alvarez and golden boy stipulated in the contract he is not allowed to Train with wolfe

Whhhhhhhhaaattttttt :? that would be so ridiculous.