Andre Ward dropped from the Ring's ratings...Finally!

Duranistheman

Duranistheman

It appears that The Ring has dropped Andre Ward from the super middleweight ratings due to inactivity.  Now don't get me wrong.  I like Ward.  He has been an exceptional boxer since day one.  I have nothing against him as a boxer or a person.

However, this inactivity thing has to stop.  He has not been in the ring since 2013.  It's time to step out of the way and allow other fighters to go for the glory.  This is comparable to Mayweather's overstay at the Ring's 154-lb champion.  He has not fought at 154 since Alvarez in September 2013!  17 months without a defense! 

Boxing is a sport that rewards youth more so than age most of the time.  We need new crops of young fighters coming up and getting the opportunities they deserve.  Ward is a great boxer, but it means nothing if you aren't fighting.  Give these other guys a chance.  Even if he could beat them, he is not proving it.  I hope this opens the door for other fighters as well as new prospects to climb the ladder.  It is about time.

Ward had the division at his feet, its fucking insane that he has let his career go to shit over business, when he would have made fucking incredible money by just fighting and in turn also elevating his status even further....he is done for me!! 

He would have made millions fighting during the time he has been laid off if he had fought....ofcourse that would be considered incredible sums of money!!

its all relative. i thought you were implying his purses were going to increase, which i doubt

its all relative. i thought you were implying his purses were going to increase, which i doubt

I just find it ironic that he doesnt fight for contractual grievance reasons, yet he loses millions because of it....fucking dumb if you ask me!!

he was trying to get out of the deal with goosen so he could get a fight against chavez jr.  arum couldnt get his claws into ward and goosens won in court.  so he went to jay z who just paid out the goosens. but now he still doesnt have many opponents unless he wants to fight kovalev

• 4 weeks later...
GhettoWizard

The Ring has almost become irrelevant where ratings are concerned. Just another less then honest ranking institution following antiquated paper trails. Does anyone actually believe or even think that Cotto is the #1 middleweight in the world?

Andre Ward certainly did not need the Ring to pull him off their list for he himself to become irelevant. Save starving a career lightheavyweight to death to get a name about 3 years ago, he hasnt done squat since the S6. The moment he found out he might have to travel and also move up because there were no opponents, he went on strike. The fact that it took the Ring as long as it did to remove the guy from their list says just as much about the list as it does about Andre Ward.