Khan VS Chris Algieri fight for May 30

GRIM

Amir Khan has announced his next opponent will be Chris Algieri.

Khan revealed the news on his wife's You Tube channel, claiming a fight with the former WBO light-welterweight champion will take place on May 30 at 147lbs.

Algieri has been beaten just once in 21 contests, a comprehensive points defeat to Manny Pacquiao in Macau in November, and Khan has opted to take on the 31-year-old rather than accept the offer of an immediate domestic contest with Kell Brook.

What happened to fighting elite fighters :?

However, unbeaten Brook expressed his shock at Khan's choice to face Algieri next, saying: "Khan is now fighting in my division and has not had many fights there as he used to fight at a lower weight.

"But now he thinks he can jump the gun and fight Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao before me, when I have earned the right to do so.

"I don't know who he thinks he is. It's about ego for him.

Khan ducked bradley

• The IBF ordered a final welterweight eliminator to produce the mandatory challenger for Kell Brook between Timothy Bradley Jr. and Amir Khan. However, according to the IBF, Khan declined to participate. Instead, Khan appears headed to a May 30 bout against former titleholder Chris Algieri. Khan could have had a June 13 shot at Brook without fighting the eliminator, but he also declined that bout, a huge fight in their home country of England. Since Khan declined, the next ranked fighter who will be offered the opportunity to face Bradley in the eliminator is Frankie Gavin, Khan's countryman.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/12481/notes-khan-declines-eliminator-vs-bradley

Khan ducked bradley

Bradley ducked Amir....he offered him his biggest ever payday a couple of years back and he opted to fight Casamayor ffs :wave

Khan doesnt have to prove jack shit to you pussies :wave:coffee

so he called you out of hiding to come here to defend him  :coffee