Canelo outpoints Trout, unifies 154lb titles

blackrican23

42113canelo00t.jpg

In a super welterweight unification super fight, undefeated WBC champion Saul “Canelo†Alvarez (42-0-1, 30 KOs) scored a twelve round unanimous decision over previously unbeaten WBA champion Austin “No Doubt†Trout (26-1, 14 KOs) on Saturday night in front of 39,427 at The Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. Seemingly a close fight until Canelo dropped Trout with a right hand in round seven. After round eight, the WBC’s open scoring (80-71, 78-73 and 76-75) revealed that Trout probably needed a knockout to win. With the fight already in the bag, Canelo took his foot off the gas late but still won handily by scores of 115-112, 116-111, 118-109.

After the fight, Alvarez stated, “My brother was a big motivation for this fight. I did it for him….I obviously want Floyd MAyweather next!â€

Trout said, “I take my loss like a man. The better man won tonight. That was my first time getting knocked down in my career….I’m sorry I lost. I’ll be better next time.â€

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/canelo-outpoints-trout-187909

• WBF OG

holy christ...first time i agree with the "sweep" in just about everything.

• WBF OG

And now Mex has the word. :cop

Was I supposed to be impressed with that?  Were you?

• Members

Was I supposed to be impressed with that?  Were you?

...I rest my case.:facepalm It wasn't EARTHSHATTERING but it was rather impressive I'd say, yes. Remember, this is TROUT!

• WBF OG

What do you want me to say, that he did great?  He did OK, I guess. 

These two clowns wouldn't last an entire round vs Hearns, Leonard, Duran, Julian Jackson, Mike McCallum, Tito Trinidad, or Benitez.  Fernando Vargas would destroy them in 7, thats how horrible these two "champs" are.

This red head hype job just proved to me last night what my suspicions were all along, Not impressed at all, he is boring and lacks defense,  He is not a great boxer by his deeds in the ring, he is a good boxer by the media and the hype train.

• WBF OG

This red head hype job just proved to me last night what my suspicions were all along, Not impressed at all, he is boring and lacks defense,  He is not a great boxer by his deeds in the ring, he is a good boxer by the media and the hype train.

BINGO!

• WBF OG

Any well placed shot will make anyone, except Jose Luis "Maestrito" Lopez, do the chicken dance.

Dammnnnn I gotta quote that post for my sig considering the amount of shit you gave Khan over the same thing....I guess the hate on Khan takes away all reason :cheah

• Members

I give him Canelo full credit for beating Trout, a legit fighter and the first really legit opponent basically in his career. 

With that said he looked like ass in doing it, it was a really close fight and I could see people score it a draw even. He fights for like 30 seconds of the round, other than that he throws one punch at a time, maybe two. He caught Trout with a good one and dropped him, but he isn't a power puncher I dont care what anyone says. I give him full credit, and hes young so he has time, but he needs to improve alot if hes the next superstar or even wants to sniff the p4p list.

He is a PUNCHER, maybe not a one shot puncher but he got the power to knock anybody out if he hits them with the right shots.

• WBF OG

Now you guys see what I've been saying all along.   He's OK, not the superstar the media makes him out to be. 

It would have been awesome to see Canelo VS Fernando Vargas, the one that fought Winky and Tito.

Who wins?

Canelo beats him, however I don't think you can seriously base it upon his career before he got defeated, any signficant step up he made afterwards he got beat. Canelo remains underrated it seems!

• WBF OG

Vargas lost whatever he had with every punch in the balls he received from Tito. 

Moffy, tell me....what would Canelo do to beat him?

• Members

Just scored this fight today, I had it 116-113 for Canelo. Many rounds were hard to score however but this is the way I saw it. I scored the 7th 10-8 since Alvarez did land some more shots after the kd and was never really hurt.

• Members

i thought Canelo deserved the win despite it being a closer fight than the official scores.  No matter, the right guy won the fight.

I picked Trout to win, and I don't think I underestimated Canelo I think I overestimated Trout.  I expected better from him, especially considering all the talk that he and his camp were aware of how difficult it would be to get a decision in Texas... really not sure what their actual plan was for winning the fight.

Even if Trout had done better, Canelo probably still takes the fight, and he proved he could hurt Trout which was the big difference in the match imo.

I think many had the same problem...but not me. ;) I knew the Cotto victory was more about Cotto being past it and fighting out of his league, too high in weight.

Vargas lost whatever he had with every punch in the balls he received from Tito. 

Moffy, tell me....what would Canelo do to beat him?

I got Canelo boxing and wearing him down, don't get me wrong Vargas was a quality fighter but seriously he lost any significant step up, his best win before the defeat to Trinidad was possibly Winky wright, but Wrights activity had been probably a fight a year and the opposition he had been facing was shite...Vargas was good but Canelo for me is better!

• WBF OG

Not because I don't like Canelo, but I think Vargas gets him around the 10th after working him over.  Canelo lands, too, and probably knocks Vargas down but his attack would be too much for Canelo.

Not because I don't like Canelo, but I think Vargas gets him around the 10th after working him over.  Canelo lands, too, and probably knocks Vargas down but his attack would be too much for Canelo.

I could just as easy see that happening mex tbf