Breazeale VS Mansour

GRIM

hey credit to Breazeale climbing off deck landed some really goodshots to break that jaw

that being said Breazeale needs a day job he sucks 

I actually was just settling into this fight Mansour was aggressive, from the first bell as he should be against the younger 6' 7" opponent, Mansour was landing solid body shots that made the opponent cautious, finally Mansour caught him and sent him to the canvas.

The fight went on the same pace for a bit, there was a decent exchange in the corner Mansour took a few good ones but nothing devastating I thought, then the bell rang. I'm thinking the next round will be some fire works for sure. But there seemed to be a stall in the corner right before the beginning of the round, WTF? I'm thinking :? the ref waves it off  WTF :?

Then after a bit they go to replay and Mansour can be seen and heard saying basically "no" and something about the jaw

Amir Mansour suffered ripped tongue that required 36 stitches, fractured jaw in TKO loss to Dominic Breazeale

Here in his own words on social media, Mansour explains with graphic detail the mouth injury he picked up:

“I know that many of you are wondering what happened. Around the second round, I got hit with my tongue positioned between my teeth. My mouth-piece is fitted for my upper teeth only. I bit my damn tongue almost completely in half. So then my tongue swelled up so bad, I literally couldn’t breathe, not to mention [i was] swallowing so much blood. [i had been] battling a cold, so breathing through my nose wasn’t working. I was suffocating  – literally.”

Later yesterday [sunday] Mansour confirmed, after a five hour stay in hospital, that he indeed had a fractured jaw and his tongue needed 36 stitches. It does seem gravely unfair, then, to call a fighter who suffered so much pain and injury, a quitter.

Mansour landed his best shots during the all-out attack he launched on Breazeale, scoring with lefts and rights, mostly hooks. Breazeale, aside from the knockdown in the third when a right hook to the top of the head sent him down, took everything that came his way. Indeed, Saturday’s winner deserves credit for his heart and for not being overwhelmed.

I didnt really read it but i guess he said

" i got busted up it happens fight is 10 rds not one , credit to my opponent for getting up and fighting back , if he didnt punch back and break my face i would have won  :coffee