Arreola hit with 90-day suspension

GRIM

Arreola hit with 90-day suspension after failing drug test!

Heavyweight Chris Arreola tested positive for :rasta following his split-decision win against Travis Kauffman last December in San Antonio, Marshall Kauffman, the trainer and father of Travis, confirmed to RingTV.com on Monday night. The outcome has been changed to a no-decision.

The bout between Arreola (36-4-1, 31 knockouts) and Kauffman (30-1, 22 KOs) served as the co-feature on a Premier Boxing Champions card on NBC at the AT&T Center in San Antonio and was hotly contested. Kauffman dropped Arreola in the third round and the two battled to a highly entertaining, controversial decision. 

Arreola also tested positive for marijuana following a 2011 win against Friday Ahunanya that was also changed to a no-decision.

Marshall Kauffman was sympathetic to Arreola’s situation. His son and Arreola are friends and former sparring partners.

“Chris is a personal friend of ours and whatever he has that he’s dealing with, we hope that he can deal with that on his own personal level and go from there,” the elder Kauffman told RingTV.com. “We’re not here to say anything bad about Chris. Chris is a human being like anyone else and makes mistakes and we wish him the best. But we still feel as though Travis won the fight and a (no-decision) is better than a loss.”

How is takin more punishment easier an enhancement :crackupcommission should ban themselves for life for not stopping the fight .

I dont know the outcome of gomi diaz they did stop the fight ? 

As an avid blazer i do know it helps you relax and in a fight thats  crucial , well in any sport really . Yes i beleive it might make you take a few more shots but these refs and ringside officials are paid to say when enough is enough 

Nick Diaz is genuine too sob  , takes puinshnent with or without weed , he takes his beatings no bitching out and wins more then loses

weed is not going to enhance ones chin , you get rocked to queer st weed will amplify it not make it less , watched fight i saw diaz use IQ more then weed , this fight was in Japan why is NSAC even being mentioned? a side from first shot that dropped him he avoided more big shots well, was a flash kd

17 hours ago, JoshB said:

Against Gomi Diaz took alot of damage & just kept coming. One of the arguments made by the NSAC was that it may have helped him take the punishment easier.

this is an inaccurate description of the fight , gomi gassing and poor technique didnt allow it . Diaz has so much scar tissue around his face  he cuts even if the wind blows , gatti would be envious of his paper skin. doesnt take haymakers to cut nick diaz and aside from the one that dropped him didnt take many and that was a flash kd , diaz had full senses right away in guard, his favorite postion 

you get high nate , are you at your best in a FIGHT stoned? writing and fighting stoned i mean cmon is there any worse comparison .  everything effects everyone different  i agree,

personally I feel mentally sharper , as quentin does , more creativity i guess i can see your point.   a vivid imagination writing a movie gets you an oscar vivid imagination 17 punch combo can get you killed 

weed is on par with adderall , a drug i never tried, put its listed effects are real close to:smokey a bowl. main effect it boosts concentration, its why college kids take'm like Mike n Ikes. .

BJJ a relaxed guard is a key  , nick diaz gets on his back to him , royce gracie , bj penn that is like laying on the couch or a hammock comfortable as hell i can see why BJJ  guys blow trees

a relaxed guard in boxing , is charlie Z , nite nite sweet prince.

aside from steroids give me pcp , coke for enhancement recreational drugs that may enhance

again you have admitted to getting high , is that you feel your at your fighting best ? easy to answer . have you ever been in a bar fight nate?

weed will help a boxer relax ,  same as bjj where did i state different? its not making either guy stronger hit harder take a better shot  , maybe helps speed because to be at your fastest you gotta stay relaxed  , thats it 

i dont disagree nate, the power of the mind is most important , zone is exactly what it does so if your mind wills your body to ignore fatigue you can train longer harder faster etc 

any enhancement made there forward IMO is natural , weed is not alliterating your genetics, weed is making you push harder, takin punishment is in no way shape or form an enhancement its a determent   

Ephedra is widely used by athletes as a performance-enhancing drug, despite a lack of evidence that it improves athletic performance . Weed is even below that