WBA issues deadline for Carl Frampton to fight Guillermo Rigondeaux

Mofo2

The WBA, after congratulating Carl Frampton on beating Scott Quigg this past weekend, has issued Frampton a deadline to face Guillermo Rigondeaux by June 27th. After all, what better way to say congratulations than by saying "Now fight the man that nobody wants to face!" Rigodeaux was stripped of his world title by the WBA last November citing his inactivity, but the sanctioning body had the graciousness of naming him "champion in recess" understanding his difficulty in securing fights while also noting his accomplishments. If Frampton and Rigondeaux are unable to strike a deal to face one another, the fight will head to purse bid. Both teams have been informed of the WBA's decision and we'll see what Frampton ultimately decides to do. In the meanwhile, Rigo has Jazza Dickens on schedule for March 12 and has called out Frampton, Scott Quigg, and Leo Santa Cruz for fights in consecutive months on social media. What a sight that would be if it were at all possible to actually happen

http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/3/1/11139318/wba-issues-deadline-for-carl-frampton-to-fight-guillermo-rigondeaux

• WBF OG

How's about talking shit about his boring ass style then changing it during his next fight so he can make a good impression on the fans.

• 1 month later...
  • WBF OG

Oh, you mean the way the way your number #1 fighter Ron DaRousey wouldn't go up 5 lbs to fight Cyborg because conveniently, there wasn't a weight for Cyborg?

Funny though, isn't Cyborg about to fight UFC now?

• WBF OG

I picked one example.....who just happened to be your BIGGEST superstar.

rigo?  not so much.

10 hours ago, blackrican23 said:

Frampton /LSC is better then a Rigo fight who gives a fuk 

Nahhh I dont agree on that mate...Frampton and Rigo will trade but they are as happy fighting off the back foot; it will be a really good fight!!

I see a fight against Leo being full of holding and spoiling tactics...Frampton wont be as eager to trade and Leo wont be eager to fight off the back foot in my opinion!