George Groves open to future UFC move

Mofo2

The 27 year-old three-time world title challenger, who is a certified UFC fan, was speaking at the launch of EA SPORTS new video game UFC 2 - outlining that any code switch would have to have the right preparation.

“I certainly wouldn’t rule it out,” Groves told the London Evening Standard when asked about a move to UFC.

“I’d love to have a crack at it, but I’d want to give myself a proper go. I’d want to give a good account of myself. It wouldn’t be a quick thing.

“I’d dedicate some time to getting ready before I had my first fight.”

Groves has lost twice to Carl Froch and once to Badou Jack in his efforts to become a world champion in his first choice sport and is currently being linked to a UK clash with Martin Murray in the summer.

Signed to Sauerland, ‘The Saint’ recently Andrea Di Luisa in five rounds last January to put himself back into to contention at home and abroad, with an announcement on his next ring outing expected soon.

I dunno...Brits seem to have done pretty well over the years fighting MMA, the thing is all them gay headguards and leotards arent very popular with the men over here for some reason :D 

0149.jpg

On 3/20/2016 at 2:45 PM, JoshB said:

That sounds like Judo.  hip throws, trips come from Judo.

6f2ebafe37e92a44d750723a25ca1ab0.jpg

Hip throws are also part of Ju jitsu, as are elbows, knees, back fists, boxing, kicks, wrestling, arm,leg and wrist locks!!!

Me thinks you really dont know much about Ju Jitsu :chin

1 minute ago, JoshB said:

There is no elbows or punches in jui jitsu, what you just described is MMA.

You are practicing a form of jui jitsu that is not traditional.

Ju Jitsu covers all forms of martial arts and weaponry!!

Robert Clarke was our trainers Sensei he studied under Grand Masters in Japan for many years; our trainer has developed his style along with his experience of MMA; These are merely instructional videos that demonstrate body positioning for movement, the Sensei we work under has moved out of the federation and started his own organisation, he has the largest club in the UK!! 

However if you believe they look staged, it is important for your training partner to go with the flow otherwise limbs would be broken, it is the toughest discipline I have ever trained in and ive done pretty much everything at some time, Judo, Boxing, KB, Muay Thai!  

4 hours ago, JoshB said:

I'll be honest, I don't like the way it looks.

From following MMA & training boxing I know that boxing, wrestling, judo, Brazilian jui jitsu & muay thai are arts that require full effort & concentration. You can't just throw them all into one discipline & learn them all. If you do that then they get watered down imo.

It seems like a good discipline to get Introduced to martial arts, but I reccomend you enroll your kid in  Brazilian jui jitsu. There is so much that he is missing out on its a shame. Doing pure judo would be great as well.

Before I became aware of Ju jitsu to the extent I am now I might have came to a similar conclusion, but you really need to train in the discipline to realise how tough it is; and believe me its fucking tough! 

Staged is innaccurate, if I did one singular move on you I could put you on the floor without you having any chance what so ever of remaining on your feet absolutely zero chance and my lad could do that to a 200lb man and have the same effect; its difficult to debate something when the only knowledge you have is looking on line and making massive assumptions, but thats your choice!! 

You just happen to be wrong!

You are narrow minded on varying forms of combat arts, I have always judged each discipline I have trained in on its own merits...I can only reiterate that I have been involved in varying disciplines over the years and this is the toughest I have trained in, both physically and mentally; it seems you are on a mission to discredit the achievement of anyone who has achieved Black belt status in this form of  martial arts for some reason, I remember you doing that in the thread I wrote about my lad achieving Black belt status at 12 years of age! 

10 minutes ago, JoshB said:

Is a black belt in a bogus martial art really worth anything?

I'm sure it's alot of hard work to get a black belt in Jeet Kun Do, Kung Fu & Akido...but they still suck ass when it comes to real fighting.

& you didn't answer my questions. Why have no WJJF fighters succesfuly compete in mixed martial arts? & why are none of these moves used in MMA?  

There is life beyond MMA, the world does not revolve around it and varying forms of Martial arts have existed before MMA appeared on the scene, I guess we should dismiss anything that doesnt involve an octagon;;;however to insult my sons achievements only makes me finally realise that you are the Cunt that everyone around here believes you are!! 

You are acting as though you are telling me somewhere I dont fucking know....what is directly next door to the academy???????????????????????