Ike Quartey vs. Jose Luis Lopez - how'd you score it?

Remember this fight?  IT was for the WBA title back in the late 90's.  Two top welterweight contenders when the division was loaded with superstar talent.  Quartey, Pernell Whitaker, Trinidad, DLH, JL Lopez and Oba Carr with Shane Mosley not far behind.

How did you score this fight?  if you don't remember, give it a peak with some bubble and squeak

I'll give my scorecard if anyone cares and responds to the thread

blackrican23

man I am thru 9 rds , how anybody has Lopez winning 9 rds of this fight is embarrassing , will finish up later.

Always felt Tito was lucky to have avoided Ike

1. Quartey 10-9

2. Lopez 10-8

3. Quartey 10-9

4. Quartey 10-9

5. Quartey 10-9

6. Lopez 10-9

7. Lopez 10-9

8. Lopez 10-9

9. even 10-10

10. Lopez 10-9

11. Lopez 10-8

12. Lopez 10-9

Which brings about the final score of 116-111 for Lopez

:madlol

1. Quartey 10-9

2. Lopez 10-8

3. Quartey 10-9

4. Quartey 10-9

5. Quartey 10-9

6. Lopez 10-9

7. Lopez 10-9

8. Lopez 10-9

9. even 10-10

10. Lopez 10-9

11. Lopez 10-8

12. Lopez 10-9

Which brings about the final score of 116-111 for Lopez

:madlol

well i was trying to let some other scorecards get thru. oh well have at it:

1.  Quartey 10-9:  dominant Ike round, constant jab, couple hooks off jab, couple right hands, and one right to the body - closed round strong.  JLL landed maybe 3 punches

2.  Lopez 10-8:  Good clean flash KD from JLL, solid right hand, landed solid jabs (3 or 4) and a couple solid rights.  Ike controlled the round but didn't land many clean, good case for a 10-9 round here for JLL but I'll give it 10-8

3.  Quartey 10-9:  Ike Jab clinic - JLL landed a couple punches all round

4.  Quartey 10-9:  Ike controlled the round with his jab, JLL landed a good couple punches with 45 secs left, didn't land last combo at the end of the round

5.  Quartey 10-9:  Ike dominant round, landed more jabs and power punches.  JLL's punches nearly all were blocked, slipped or missed, landed a couple at the very end

6.  Quartey 10-9:  Both guys landed good punches in combination here, they traded on equal terms imo, Ike separated himself in this round with the jab

7,  Quartey 10-9:  Dominant Ike round - Jab clinic, outlanded in every facet.  Ike blocked or partially blocked virtually every punch thrown at him until about 30 seconds left when a combination lands for JLL

8.  Quarey 10-9:  Ike wins the round on his jab and blocking nearly all JLL's combos.  Ike outlanded JLL in jabs and power punches in this round

9.  Quartey 10-9:  Broken record Ike outjabs, out lands and blocks most of the incoming. It's not even close, Ike blocks almost all JLL's punches in this round with the meat of his gloves

10. Quartey 10-9:  Close round, I still thougt Ike controlled it and did a little better, I can see this for JLL tho but he doesn't land a real clean shot until abour 20 secs left, then closes the round strong

11. Lopez 10-8:  Clear JLL round, big KD and won the round thereafter

12. Lopez 10-9:  Lopez chased and won on aggression.  Clear JLL round

Final Score 115-111 Ike Quartey.

I think you could give rounds 6 and 10 to Lopez (altho I think it is lazy) and being as generous as possible it could be 113-113

Let's hear it everyone else... i have a feeling I know why mofo2 is delaying his scorecard.  we will see if i am proven correct

well i was trying to let some other scorecards get thru. oh well have at it:

1.  Quartey 10-9:  dominant Ike round, constant jab, couple hooks off jab, couple right hands, and one right to the body - closed round strong.  JLL landed maybe 3 punches

2.  Lopez 10-8:  Good clean flash KD from JLL, solid right hand, landed solid jabs (3 or 4) and a couple solid rights.  Ike controlled the round but didn't land many clean, good case for a 10-9 round here for JLL but I'll give it 10-8

3.  Quartey 10-9:  Ike Jab clinic - JLL landed a couple punches all round

4.  Quartey 10-9:  Ike controlled the round with his jab, JLL landed a good couple punches with 45 secs left, didn't land last combo at the end of the round

5.  Quartey 10-9:  Ike dominant round, landed more jabs and power punches.  JLL's punches nearly all were blocked, slipped or missed, landed a couple at the very end

6.  Quartey 10-9:  Both guys landed good punches in combination here, they traded on equal terms imo, Ike separated himself in this round with the jab

7,  Quartey 10-9:  Dominant Ike round - Jab clinic, outlanded in every facet.  Ike blocked or partially blocked virtually every punch thrown at him until about 30 seconds left when a combination lands for JLL

8.  Quarey 10-9:  Ike wins the round on his jab and blocking nearly all JLL's combos.  Ike outlanded JLL in jabs and power punches in this round

9.  Quartey 10-9:  Broken record Ike outjabs, out lands and blocks most of the incoming. It's not even close, Ike blocks almost all JLL's punches in this round with the meat of his gloves

10. Quartey 10-9:  Close round, I still thougt Ike controlled it and did a little better, I can see this for JLL tho but he doesn't land a real clean shot until abour 20 secs left, then closes the round strong

11. Lopez 10-8:  Clear JLL round, big KD and won the round thereafter

12. Lopez 10-9:  Lopez chased and won on aggression.  Clear JLL round

Final Score 115-111 Ike Quartey.

I think you could give rounds 6 and 10 to Lopez (altho I think it is lazy) and being as generous as possible it could be 113-113

Let's hear it everyone else... i have a feeling I know why mofo2 is delaying his scorecard.  we will see if i am proven correct

:facepalm NOT EVEN CLOSE!

the offical Judges scorecards were originally:

113-113, 116-112 Quartey, and 115-114 Quartey

115-114 was later changed to 114-114

all these are reasonable scorecards. 

the punchstats for the fight:

Quartey landed 387 of his 730 punches (53 percent) and 313 of his 606 jabs (52 percent).

Lopez landed 104 of 553

if you cut his landed jabs in HALF - that means the people sitting RINGSIDE counting the landed punches were wrong on 50% of the jabs then:

Ike landed 156 jabs and 74 power punches -

he still outlanded JLL 230 punches to 104 punches. 

if you cut his landed jabs in HALF - that means the people sitting RINGSIDE counting the landed punches were wrong on 50% of the jabs then:

Ike landed 156 jabs and 74 power punches -

he still outlanded JLL 230 punches to 104 punches. 

But most of those "punches" were jabs, many of them soft.

I have a feeling that you have ceased arguing for the truth and are now simply arguing for yourself to try and stick to the claim that "i'm right" and "you're wrong."

Ike Quartey threw "soft" jabs????  he had one of the more consistently hard, snappy jabs in all of boxing at this time!

Your original score was 117-111 for Lopez which I originally called preposterous scorecard and it is, as is 116-111... the judges saw it, all the ringside commentators saw it, I saw it and IF ANYONE ELSE IN THIS FORUM WOULD POST A DAMN SCORECARD WE WOULD SEE IF ANYONE ELSE SAW IT INSTEAD OF JUST ME VS. EUGENIA WILLIAMS IN A HE-SAID SHE-SAID

blackrican23

the mere fact that Ike's jab is called "soft" is pisstaking that doesn't deserve to be addressed Hitman. Sad part is he believes most of the things he says

I made it threw  only  9 rounds and in question so far for me are only rounds 2 and 6

I wasn't generous and gave Lopez a 10-8 round in round 2 , he won 20-30 seconds of the round on a KD that was dubious at best , 10-9 for me

I gave Lopez Rd 6 by a razor

I remember rd 11 KD so really no sense in watching the rest

I saw Quartey pick off most Lopez shots with his gloves and elbows , behind a jab only Big Foreman could rival. Puch Stats for as much as they don't matter CLEARLY reflect that

Funny numerous times the topic the best jabs goes up and rarely is Ike ever mentioned, how could I forget. I believe Tito was lucky to have avoided Ike how do you see that fight

the mere fact that Ike's jab is called "soft" is pisstaking that doesn't deserve to be addressed Hitman. Sad part is he believes most of the things he says

I made it threw  only  9 rounds and in question so far for me are only rounds 2 and 6

I wasn't generous and gave Lopez a 10-8 round in round 2 , he won 20-30 seconds of the round on a KD that was dubious at best , 10-9 for me

I gave Lopez Rd 6 by a razor

I remember rd 11 KD so really no sense in watching the rest

I saw Quartey pick off most Lopez shots with his gloves and elbows , behind a jab only Big Foreman could rival. Puch Stats for as much as they don't matter CLEARLY reflect that

Funny numerous times the topic the best jabs goes up and rarely is Ike ever mentioned, how could I forget. I believe Tito was lucky to have avoided Ike how do you see that fight

So you don't wanna watch your boy Quartey get ripped apart?:stir

blackrican23

man with that bazooka jab hammering your face its REAL hard to let your hands go. How much Quartey  have you seen Josh? do you agree where Ike's jab was labeled as " soft" in this fight earlier in this thread?

10 9 q

10 9 l  not a 2 point rd for me, his hand touched however ike won the rest of the rd. 

10 9 q

10 9 q  closer though

10 9 q good work from lopez @ the end of the rd, just too little too late imo

10 9 l close though

10 9 q

10 9 q

10 9 q

10 9 l

10 8 l

10 9 l

quartey 114

lopez     113

:clap Actually, thats not the most atrocious score I've seen.

seems Josh is right in line with majority who don't see Lopez winning 8-9 rounds

I scored 2 rd the same way

I gave him 7 rounds genius, round 9 was even!