Ike Quartey vs. Jose Luis Lopez - how'd you score it?

:facepalm NOT EVEN CLOSE!

"Final Score 115-111 Ike Quartey.

I think you could give rounds 6 and 10 to Lopez (altho I think it is lazy) and being as generous as possible it could be 113-113"

this is the exact same score that Josh had except he gave JLL a 10-9 instead of a 10-8, which gives Ike the win.  This is what you said was not even close, yet you say Josh has a good scorecard for the fight. 

"Final Score 115-111 Ike Quartey.

I think you could give rounds 6 and 10 to Lopez (altho I think it is lazy) and being as generous as possible it could be 113-113"

this is the exact same score that Josh had except he gave JLL a 10-9 instead of a 10-8, which gives Ike the win.  This is what you said was not even close, yet you say Josh has a good scorecard for the fight. 

115-111 or anything that gives it to Ike by more than 1 point is UNACCEPTABLE! :angry2

blackrican23

Imagine if Quartey got that decision, then he gets the  fight with  Tito . I don't see Trinidad being able to weather that hammer jab , Quartey breaks him down IMO

Ike would have had a whole different career, instead went on to lose to vargas then inactivity finished him

At least you are not one of those who INSIST Quartey won that fight.

I had Ike winning, I never insisted he won the fight, I insisted that a scorecard with LOPEZ ahead by FIVE points is laughable. 

that is the difference.  we are not talking about there being a problem with this as a close fight... it was scored a draw, i had ike winning rounds because he landed more punches and threw more punches and those are facts, indisputable.  for me, landing punches is a big deal when it comes to winning rounds. 

the problem is having Lopez ahead by 5 or 6 points.  Your two scorecards were 117-111 and 116-111 for Lopez. 

115-111 or anything that gives it to Ike by more than 1 point is UNACCEPTABLE! :angry2

lol.  i described how ike won every round that i scored for him.  it's called landing more punches.  fact

lol.  i described how ike won every round that i scored for him.  it's called landing more punches.  fact

There are two different criterias for scoring, one is simply by who landed more punches and the other is who landed more clean, hard punches. You obviously use the first one.:cop

There are two different criterias for scoring, one is simply by who landed more punches and the other is who landed more clean, hard punches. You obviously use the first one. :cop

As did everyone else who scored this fight for Ike, and not 5 points for Lopez.  you realize no one else is even close to y our scorecard?  lol

As did everyone else who scored this fight for Ike, and not 5 points for Lopez.  you realize no one else is even close to y our scorecard?  lol

Oh really? Well im sorry, i didnt know you had asked the entire boxing world how they scored it!:stir

Oh really? Well im sorry, i didnt know you had asked the entire boxing world how they scored it! :stir

This is not my fault... no one at this site responds to anything.  Thank you Rican, Josh and even you Eugenia for providing us with FOUR scorecards!!!

honestly tho, this fight was such a no brainer, I never considered any other result.  Ike win or a draw is a fair result, just like the scores that were announced. 

A 6 or 5 point win for Lopez?  Proof you don't know how to score a fight. 

I have never come across anyone ever in the 15 years since Quartey v Lopez who scored the fight for Lopez let alone decisively for Lopez