Frampton don't want Rigondeaux fight

GRIM

Ahhh yes the good old there is no money in this fight excuse!

By Patrick McHugh: Carl Frampton (23-0, 14 KOs) says he has no interest in facing unbeaten WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux in his next fight. Frampton says there’s no money in a fight against the unbeaten Rigondeaux despite seeing him as a fantastic fighter. Frampton says he’s more interested in fighting unification fights against WBC champion Gary Russell Jr. or IBF champion Lee Selby.

“I just want to be involved in big fights, memorable fights. I don’t need to be disrespectful to guys, I just want to get on with it,” said Frampton. ”I wouldn’t want to be involved in a fight with Rigondeaux. That would be another stinker, and then people start to think this guy is boring and start to not like me. I want to be involved in big fights. I want to have a comfortable life after boxing. There’s no money in that fight,” said Frampton.

• WBF OG

what he said is true.

i applaud him for it.  no one wants to see rigo, no matter which nobody's jaw he breaks.

Well the way I look, if they fight and "if" he beats Rigo, he would be in a position to make more money. But we know the real reason he does not want to fight Rigo.

yea the ducking rigo as non draw non payday is weaker than ever, rigo just fought overseas and ripped dudes jaw too shit frampton would draw massive in belfast if he had the balls to be driven by greatness

i have only seen frampton 3-4 times but i have never seen him as good as he was sat , some guys fight up to the comp frampton and rigo is a damn good fight and one i would pay to see 

• Upvote 1

• WBF OG

who am i kidding, i'd see it, too.

BUT I WOULDN'T PAY TO.  now that i stand by.

it'll be great seeing rigo making him miss all night....yay how fun.  then, if frampton does connect, it'll be great to see rigo go into his protective, running shell.

frampton showed to be able to fight different ways i hadnt seen , and he showed us he can fight like rigo vs quigg . not sure rigo can make him miss all night not sure framptons jaw can with stand rigos power not sure rigo can take framptons power  , i tell ya this is a good fight 

Frampton is now clearly willing to fight anybody that gets in his way; unification makes more sense with Selby being a fantastic option open for him!!

The refusal to fight Rigo, has noting to do with money, or "Not enough Money" what it has to do with is the simple fact that Rigo is a great threat to the newly crowned champion, I am sure they are not looking for a Charles Martin type of fly by night champion. On paper this fight would make great sense Framption fesh off of a great Victory against LSC. And a win against Rigo would elevate Frampton to greater heights. And the money that is not enough would be very big in a rematch if he was to beat Rigo.