Hughie Fury-Andy Ruiz as Co-Feature on Fury-Klitschko Card

blackrican23

HUGHIE FURY is ready to show how good he really is.

The cousin of WBO, IBO and WBA heavyweight king Tyson Fury is set for a huge step up in class on October 29.

Fury, 21, will take on unbeaten Andy Ruiz on the undercard of his cousin’s long-awaited rematch with Wladimir Klitschko. And the winner will be mandatory challenger for whoever is the victor in the main event in Manchester as the bout is a WBO final eliminator.

http://www.boxingscene.com/hughie-fury-andy-ruiz-co-feature-on-fury-klitschko-card--108341?print_friendly=1

Hughie is too slow off the Mark in his fights, if he fights anyone of significant ability he will get beaten up quite badly - the Furys have too much faith in him!!!

Andy is too fat and dumpy, Hughie will have the height advantage and should be able to use the jab to keep the upper-hand, but he definitely needs to build into a fight mate and that could be the issue he has vs Ruiz who will look to land big in the first couple of rounds...interesting fight though!! 

If he doesnt get him out of there quickly he will get outboxed by Fury, height and reach will be the difference in this one - Hughie will have his chin tested in this one though!!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like this matchup will not be happening now. 

Earlier this week there were a lot of questions raised when Peter Fury, uncle and trainer for undefeated heavyweight Hughie Fury, revealed that Andy Ruiz withdrew;from their scheduled fight next month in Manchester.

Hughie was set to make the first defence of his WBO Intercontinental championship against Ruiz on the undercard of Tyson Fury’s eagerly-anticipated rematch with Wladimir Klitschko at the Manchester Arena on Saturday, the 29th of October. The fight was going to televised on BoxNation and potentially clips on HBO.

The withdrawal could be a moot point at this moment, as there are widespread reports that Fury-Klitschko II is once again postponed.

Fury, 20-0 10 KO’s, claimed his first professional title in the WBO against Fred Kassi at London’s Copper Box Arena back in April. The fight with Ruiz was going to be an eliminator for a mandatory fight for the WBO, which Hughie's cousin Tyson currently owns

Ruiz, holds a record of 28 wins with 19 coming via knockout, was in action on September 10 and won a ten round unanimous decision over Franklin Lawrence.

With all of the rumors swirling around, Ruiz took to the social networks and posted his reasoning for refusing to sign a contract for the fight

"I'm sure a lot of people wanna know why the fight never happened. It's because my manager Joe Galardi was not paying me right and wanted me to sign a contract and he told me if you don't sign you don't fight, so I said well I don't fight. The purse was big and I did want to take the chance to fight, but I just didn't wanna get robbed by my management anymore, but we are shopped around for a good promotion," Ruiz stated

• WBF OG

a mexican heavyweight who can actually fight a little?  he's a promoter's dream.

if he beats a big name, he'll literally be a cash COW.

Something missing in Ruiz to be top tier guy , alot of layoffs and imo he put back on the few lbs he shed when i watched him 2 weeks ago , so weight will always be issue .that dude he fought was somebody Ruiz should have stopped