*WBF Official Smith v Canelo Thread*

Mofo2

Canelo Alvarez vs Liam Smith

The bout will take place on 17th September at the AT&T Stadium, the home of the Dallas Cowboys.

Current WBO junior middleweight world champion Liam “Beefy” Smith (23-0-1, 13 KOs) hosted a media conference call on Thursday ahead of his showdown against former two-division world champion Canelo Alvarez (47-1-1, 33 KOs) on September 17 at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Liam Smith: “Canelo is the big name but I am the champion. Hopefully the judges respect that…I’ve always been told I’ve got a style the American fans will like. What you see is what you get, I’m coming to fight…this fight is right up my alley. Every time I think about the fight, it gets me excited…my mind is set on Canelo. When I beat Canelo, my next fight will be Canelo again! They will want the rematch.”

Smith Promoter Frank Warren: “There is no possibility of Billy Joe Saunders vs. Canelo in December because Liam Smith is going to win this fight!” (Warren added that Saunders’ next fight will be announced Monday.)

Golden Boy VP Eric Gomez: “It’s going to be a successful night. At this point we’ve passed sales for both Manny Pacquiao fights. Tickets are moving.”

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Boxing

Smith Promoter Frank Warren: “There is no possibility of Billy Joe Saunders vs. Canelo in December because Liam Smith is going to win this fight!”

I really hope so :ltup 

41 minutes ago, Neil_ said:

apparently beef has been beating the shit outta brook in the gym. so he's primed for the upset

To be fair it was competitive for both of them!! 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mofo2 said:

To be fair it was competitive for both of them!! 

any longer clips then that bit G posted in that behind the scenes short doc?

9 minutes ago, GRIM said:

Nope I cannot find any full sparring.

beefy landed some good right hands in that short clip :redbox: if thats GGG........... Good night sweet prince 

• Mofo2 featured this topic

Some feared that Canelo Alvarez would not make the light-middleweight limit for tomorrow’s bout against Liam Smith at Texas’s AT & T Stadium yet the Mexican hit the scales at 154lbs exactly. WBO title-holder Smith, who is the defending champion despite Alvarez appearing on the left of too many of the promotional posters, hit the same poundage.

• WBF OG

so they won you over, eh?

come on, man...you've followed ginger around long enough to know he ain't gonna lose.  you'll notice everything i've ever said about freckles is true.

On 9/17/2016 at 9:19 PM, mexfighter said:

so they won you over, eh?

come on, man...you've followed ginger around long enough to know he ain't gonna lose.  you'll notice everything i've ever said about freckles is true.

I will repeat again as I have 1000 times before...I am not a fan of Canelo...ive always merely believed the hate that you have on him has been unjustified!!

The kid is a good fighter and has had a number of decent opponents and achieved a lot in his career...this fight however was a massive gamble that Smith took that he should now be taking...if he swerves a fight with GGG he has then in my opinion ducked a fight!  

• Upvote 1