Anthony Joshua lands £30m mega-bout with Wladimir Klitschko

Mofo2

A 30 million mega-fight between International Boxing Federation world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua and former world No 1 Wladimir Klitschko on Dec 10 is set to be confirmed by Matchroom Sport early next week.

Negotiations for the contest between the unbeaten London 2012 Olympic super-heavyweight champion and the Ukrainian were near completion last week, with the Manchester Arena or the Principality Stadium in Cardiff the potential venues.

Anthony Joshua

On 10/16/2016 at 10:34 AM, GRIM said:

If AJ can box, move, slip, feint, angle, and throw more than a 2 punch combo he can beat Klitschko.

He will try all of that G; but its difficult to beat a fighter that will hit.,hold and spoil....his best bet is to throw bombs for me mate!!

• Members
On 10/16/2016 at 10:34 AM, GRIM said:

If AJ can box, move, slip, feint, angle, and throw more than a 2 punch combo he can beat Klitschko.

Unfortunately these are rarely displayed qualities.  I don't buy into the BS that heavyweights can't move like that cus we know better.....but more often than not we see them trying to bang and not move their feet.  :boxKlitschko w a / KO before round 7. 

Klitschko is one dimensional  Actually he is not even that he is .5 dimensional. I mean he made it an art form to hold and clinch blatantly for 2 rounds with the ref's approval I might add. AJ has the size to even things out in the height & reach areas, Skill wise I am not too sure because I have not seen AJ demonstrate anything beyond basic, don't get me wrong one can get by with just basic at times. But for one to shine he must bring beyond basic into the ring. So the good old "If" Joshua can, box, bob, weave, slip etc is just that a big "If" but if he is capable of being more that basic then he wins this with ease, 

He should also avoid the big bang and stay clear of trading with Klitschko. 

UPDATE!

The big, anticipated heavyweight title fight between former champ Wladimir Klitschko and reigning IBF titlist Anthony Joshua has hit a road bump in the form of the WBA not yet sanctioning the proposed December fight. Eddie Hearn, in speaking with Sky Sports today, explained how both fighters want the WBA belt to be on the line in the fight and until the organisation goes ahead and sanctions Klitschko-Joshua, the promoter says he will look at “alternative options” for AJ and his next fight.

“The deal is there but we are awaiting sanction from the WBA,” Hearn explained. “Both teams have written to the WBA to request sanctioning of our fight, but Wladimir wants the WBA belt on the line so until that is approved we cannot move forward. We expect news in the next few days, but in the meantime I believe both sides will look at alternative options for December 10 while we hope to get the news we need to make the fight happen.”

It’s not clear why the WBA has not yet agreed to sanction this, a massive fight absolutely everyone wants to see, nor is it clear who the “alternative options,” as in other opponents, might be for either heavyweight. A fight this big needs to have as many belts on the line as possible (although ask the average fan on the street and he will likely tell you he doesn’t care about the various belts, he simply wants to see good fights and the best possible match-ups) and hopefully the WBA will approve and sanction Klitschko-Joshua.

21 hours ago, JoshB said:

I know your are a little sheltered when it comes to this stuff but it's 2016 Mofo...steroids are rampant in sports & easily available. 9 times out of 10 when a guy looks like that he's on the juice so all your talk about hard work & 6 hour gym days makes me roll my eyes. Of course I can't prove it but it seems pretty obvious to me. I will not be suprised if he pissed hot, not one bit.

Im not sheltered Im just not a cynical 'fuck' is all!!

Too assume that every fighter is taking drugs and too look at them as if they are all potential cheats is as fucking dumb as it comes!!

Ohhhhh yeahhhh the good old calf injury :palm 

Wladimir Klitschko Injury

Former heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko has suffered an injury in training for his upcoming WBA title fight on December 10 against an opponent yet to be confirmed. 

According to ESPN.com's Dan Rafael, IBF champion Anthony Joshua was in line to face the veteran, with the two sides waiting on news from the WBA. The organisation had yet to sanction the bout, but Klitschko's injury means it no longer matters, as the Ukrainian won't be able to fight.

Klitschko hasn't fought since his decision loss against Tyson Fury in November 2015.

I guess we have to just give him the benefit of the doubt, im not sure at this point in his career that Klit is looking to take an easy option.....he has never done that before now has he?? :quote