Parker; Bellew to regret Words

Mofo2

Joseph Parker is confident he would give Tony Bellew a painful surprise after being described as one of the weaker heavyweight world champions.

The Merseysider is considering his options after the dramatic victory over David Haye earlier this month and WBO champion Parker has been named as one of his preferred opponents. Referring to the New Zealander, Bellew had suggested he is the "lesser of the other champions", and these remarks have fired up Parker ahead of his WBO title defence against Hughie Fury on May 6.

"I back myself with any fighter you put me in the ring with," Parker exclusively told Sky Sports.

"When people think that I'm the lesser champ, or maybe one of the less skilled, less talented, it's good that they think that of me, because when I get in the ring, I'll surprise them. I'll give them the best that I have and they will see that actually I'm a champion for a reason."

The unbeaten 25-year-old welcomed mentions of his name in the aftermath of Bellew's victory, but he must firstly plot victory over Fury before he can think of a trip to Britain.

"I'm excited to be part of a heavyweight division which is bringing a lot more excitement back," he said.

So Bellew is a HW now then?? seems he is after another easy defence after smashing Fury!