Mayweather-McGregor Talk Erupts After MGM Reserved For 8/26

blackrican23

Industry rumors have exploded that a deal is close to being finalized for Conor McGregor's cross-sports boxing match against Floyd Mayweather, after multiple outlets revealed that Mayweather Promotions placed a hold on the MGM Grand in Las Vegas for August 26.

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-mcgregor-talk-erupts-mgm-reserved-826--117472?print_friendly=1

• WBF OG

i rather save my money and watch choco gonzalez vs sor whateverhisnameis and cuadras vs gallo estrada on the undercard the week after.

free on hbo or at any pub or pizza joint across the country.

of course, all four of them suck because they weigh less than 147.

signed,

joshuaB

well the speculations are over, I guess they are going to be fighting. 50 and 0 it is then.

Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Jr. and MMA superstar Conor McGregor announced they would be fighting on Aug. 26 in what promises to be one of the most intriguing matchups in fight history.

Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports first reported the fight had been agreed to by both Mayweather and McGregor. Mayweather then confirmed on Instagram.

Dana White said on Instagram that the fight will be at 154 pounds and take place at T-Mobile Arena, per MMAFighting.com.

Mayweather, 40, retired from boxing in Sept. 2015 after defeating Andre Berto and moving to 49-0 in his professional fighting career. But he continued to hint at a possible return to the ring and told FightHype.com in May 2016 that he was considering a bout against an MMA fighter.

That fighter ultimately ended up being McGregor, 28, the UFC lightweight champion. McGregor is 21-3 in his professional fighting career (9-1 in the UFC) and has ascended to superstardom in the sport.

The two fighters engaged in a long, often-public negotiation over the ensuing months. McGregor's contract with the UFC and Mayweather's lofty expectations for his payout made putting together this superfight particularly complicated.  

Now, however, McGregor will face Mayweather in what could be the most lucrative fight for both superstars in their respective careers.

• WBF OG

man, i really wish that connor would wipe the fucking floor with floyd because i can't stand his ass.

unfortunately, if that happens, we'll never hear the end of it by mmgay fans so floyd has to win.

• WBF OG

will floyd really say he's 50-0?

cough cough castillo 1 cough cough

• WBF OG

remember all that talk about boxing being dead, that the ufc took over, etc

dana white, connie McGregor, and the entire ufc just bent over, grabbed their ankles, and were penetrated by boxing and by Floyd.

check mate!

• Upvote 1

• WBF OG

what do I care about ppv?   there are better fights on regular hbo or showtime.

ppv can kiss my ass.  they suck.

• WBF OG

thats one thing i can't understand....why are people so excited about ppv numbers?  who the fuck wants to pay to watch a fight?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JoshB said:

You think this goes 12?

the probability that mcgregor gasses and falls out face first is mostly likely so doubt it , but floyd wearing pillows on his pillows will be its best to help mcgregor 

3 hours ago, mexfighter said:

thats one thing i can't understand....why are people so excited about ppv numbers?  who the fuck wants to pay to watch a fight?

mma called out boxing to stay relevant but BOXING called their bluff , and guess what , dont let the spin doctor spew his bullshit that BOXING needs mma for PPV the numbers arent even close :madlol

• WBF OG

all mma fans were once boxing fans but not all boxing fans are mma fans.

they're just coming home, that is all.

• WBF OG

the weekly ufc shit i see on fox sports 1 is the same as espn 2 thursday night fights.

don't be too proud of yourself.   we'll talk when hbo or showtime have a monthly ufc show.

59 minutes ago, JoshB said:

What numbers are you talking about? PBC has lost almost a billion dollars putting fights on network tv. Lmao they can't even give these fights away. Hbo is showing less fights than they ever have.

PPV buy numbers spin doctor , spinning it now to PBC lmao  but mma ran to PBC for this big fight :lolatyou listen I hate to break it to you boxing does just fine with or without PBC , like mex said pat yourself on the back after you get off spike first :rofl

lmao now the spin is US boxing , listen mija boxing in any language is well.................... boxing  :rofl

your just butt hurt that PPV boxing > MMA PPV  , let me guess the mma you speak of as great is american only ? haha you too stupid to even bother with :slobkilla

• 2 weeks later...
  • WBF OG

your cute post has nothing to do with what i said, though.  your mma pals said boxing was dead.  it obviously isn't if your number one superstar has to go and bend over and get anally raped by floyd and all his stipulations and just take it.

had floyd gone over to mma and got on his knees and blown dana white the way connor did floyd, then i'd have to hear what you have to say.

• Upvote 1

• WBF OG

not everyone is meant to be a ppv star.

as a matter of fact, the less there are,the better.

i couldn't give a rats ass if freckles sold 2 ppvs.  how does that help me?

i rather see crawford vs anyone on hbo.   

i know spike tv isn't ppv so why are most ufc cards on that channel?  you rather pay to see them?

• WBF OG

see, we can say whatever we want....you say floyd picking connor admitting boxing is weak.

i say the opposite....why didn't connor fight on of the focking diaz brothers?  hows about a fight with anderson who'll make his 35th great return to the octagon?  who else is left that anyone knows or gives a shit about?  you're here at a boxing website, none of us are at worldufcforum.com

after your wonderkid ron da rousey was knocked the fuck out by a boxer, your sport went to shit.

It always makes me chuckle how we can argue over having to pay extra money for a PPV like its a badge of honour for the sport :D

TBH though I did thinlk the numbers were dropping in the US and UFC was holding strong??

3 hours ago, JoshB said:

We all knew floyd was not gonna retire at 49-0, we knew he would bide his time & come back for one last big fight to make it 50-0 & now he has....only he had to pick an MMA fighter because boxing is doing so shitty. Boxing is on its knees Ward Kovalev bombed, you have guys like Terrance Crawford selling 70k ppv's & Al Hay man can't even give his fights away on network tv. Floyd picking Connor is him admitting that boxing is weak as fuck right now.

even by your standards this has got to be the stupidest shit you have ever posted :lolatyou Nate the big advocate for PPV :madlol He picked Mcgregor because it WAS EASY MONEY  did you expect for him to pick Spence or Thurman instead :rofl