YILDIRIM TO EUBANK: "I NEVER REALLY HEARD OF YOU"

Mofo2

Press Release: IBO super middleweight titlist Chris Eubank Jr. (25-1, 19 KOs) and Turkish challenger Avni Yildirim (16-0, 10 KOs) exchanged words at a kickoff press conference in Stuttgart, Germany.  The two will fight on October 7th at the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle as part of the World Boxing Super Series. At the press conference, Yildirim claimed he never really heard of Eubank Jr. through his years in boxing beginning at the age 13. Eubank replied with a quote from Mike Tyson: “Do you want to know who I am? I am the baddest man on the planet!” Here is what else the boxers had to say:

Chris Eubank Jr.: 

“This is the first fight for me in this tournament and I am here to make a statement. I am the man, and I am the man to beat. There will be no mercy for Yildirim, I am here to win. I am not here to make friends, I am not here to look pretty and be a celebrity, I am here in this tournament to become the champion.”

“I am very much looking forward to this fight. I think it is a great match-up. Styles make fights, and the reason I picked this man at the Draft Gala in Monaco is that he is a fighter, he comes forward, he is very active, he is very open, he takes risks, which he will pay for in this fight. I can’t wait!”

“I have a goal, I have a challenge that I have to complete, and that is to win to the Muhammad Ali Trophy and prove that I am the best in world.”

Avni Yildirim: 

“This tournament is a chance for me to fight the best in the world. It is an honor for me to compete against these guys, all giants in the super middleweight division. I respect Chris Eubank Jr. and his champion status, but I will tell him one thing: I am going to make my country proud.”

“I am here to make a dream come true, and I do not see anyone take that dream away from me. I am here to destroy everyone in this tournament. I am not an Instagram or Facebook fighter like Eubank Jr. I am Avni Yildirim, and I am here to destroy, I will do anything to win this fight and win this tournament.”

“I feel good, I am very prepared. Let’s fight!”

Kalle Sauerland (promoter): 

"In his last fight, Yildirim beat a Mexican in Mexico [Marco Antonio Periban], that says a lot about Yildirim. In Chris’ last fight he made a master class performance at Wembley against Arthur Abraham. So it is two absolute fighting men, absolute talents that belong in the World Boxing Super Series. We are looking forward to a tremendous fight.”