Alvarez has agreed to fight Golovkin again.

GRIM

Hopefully this rematch starts at round "13"

Canelo Alvarez has agreed to a May 5 rematch against three-belt middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin, and Golovkin’s team is expected to provide its blessing “within the next few days,” according to an official involved in the deal.

Eric Gomez, president of Golden Boy Promotions, which promotes Mexico’s former two-division world champion Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 knockouts), also said there is no rematch clause being attached to this deal after one was connected to their September draw in Las Vegas.

• Like 1

• Members
1 minute ago, GRIM said:

Hopefully this rematch starts at round "13"

Canelo Alvarez has agreed to a May 5 rematch against three-belt middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin, and Golovkin’s team is expected to provide its blessing “within the next few days,” according to an official involved in the deal.

Eric Gomez, president of Golden Boy Promotions, which promotes Mexico’s former two-division world champion Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 knockouts), also said there is no rematch clause being attached to this deal after one was connected to their September draw in Las Vegas.

This is a fight I would actually want to see!  I'm not a huge Canelo fan but I want to see SOMEONE beat GGG and shut him up :D:war

• WBF OG

problem is that ginger won't beat GGG or shut him up, unless oscar and his $$$$ have a say in it.

redboy needs to fight jermall charlo so that charlo could rid us of that hype job.  

• Haha 1

Lol canelo will never get credit from some , now he has to beat Charlo ? Lmao good rematch glad its taking place again even tho ginger was afraid  to fight him once hahaha

• Haha 1

• WBF OG

whats so good about redboy?  he's average, nothing great and certainly not what he's hyped up to be.

ggg took it easy on him the first time for the rematch.  also, how can you praise a guy who threw away his belt to duck ggg then fight him 2 years later when he's older?

I hear ya , keep saying something enough eventually you will be right. 

Ginger is closing in on 10 years as a hype tho 10 years is solid benchmark certainly most hypes dont attain it ? 

All the “history” factors in a rematch favor ginger but can he get it done

• Like 1

• WBF OG

10 years of fighting smaller guys, guys with shitty records like josesito and alfonso gomez, and fighting guys at 155, the all encompassing "Canelo Weightclass".

so he finally fights ggg after ducking him....whoop de fucking do.

one question....are there any "dangerous" amir khans lurking out there for him?  maybe a rematch with the "dangerous" khan would help out his legacy.  what do you think?

10 years my ass....you're talking to me, not to kinich, fella.

• Like 1

I said 10 years of you saying same thing , closing in on if you read it again.

I am guessing on span but your hate starts around hatton or before ? 

• WBF OG
4 minutes ago, blackrican23 said:

I said 10 years of you saying same thing , closing in on if you read it again.

I am guessing on span but your hate starts around hatton or before ? 

before hatton.  you never seen the hype he received on univision and tvazteca before anyone ever heard of him.  it was ridiculous.  

obviously, nothing's changed.

• WBF OG

just so you can have an idea, moffy.....redboy was hyped more than david beckham, naseem hamed, and princess di all rolled up in one.

• WBF OG
Just now, blackrican23 said:

Ok so hatton is at least 7-8 years ago? And you say before that so 10 years sure sounds accurate :coffee 

i went with your lead....you said 10 years so then i did, too.  

but yes, even as an ammy, he was getting undo attention.

He has lived up to his hype as much as you would like to dismiss him; his quality is there to be seen and if he gets the win against GGG his credibility soars further!  

• Upvote 1

• WBF OG

couldn't have said it better myself:

In that spirit, let’s start with hair. It’s true, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, light middleweight champion of the world, has red hair. This is unusual for a Mexican. Every conversation about Canelo starts and ends with red hair and he must know how hair opens up a back door to discuss the real issue: His very, very good looks. So, let’s talk hair and let’s talk square chins and broad shoulders and a face of mean, compact symmetries that evoke Marky Mark during the underwear period. Let’s talk Televisa, the Mexican network with dozens of beautiful news anchors, telenovela actors, and the TV home for the entire Canelo Alvarez media empire. Let’s talk about why boxing needs Canelos and the decade-long search by Oscar De La Hoya for the next Oscar De La Hoya. Let’s talk about the biggest hype job since Gerry Cooney and how a 23-year-old boxer from Guadalajara has simultaneously become the Great Mexican Hope, the Great White Hope, and the Great White Mexican Hope.

• Haha 1

• WBF OG

Then came a string of opponents who were one or two degrees from respectability. Canelo fought Miguel Cotto’s older, much smaller brother, who almost knocked Canelo out in the first round. He knocked out a dried-up corpse who was calling himself Carlos Baldomir. He won a decision against Ricky Hatton’s younger brother. He beat the dude who came in third place on the reality show The Contender. As his star rose in these arguably competitive fights, Canelo was offered his own telenovela (he turned it down) and dated a former Miss Universe turned Televisa star named Marisol Gonzalez. His personality during this time never changed — he was the muttering, work-is-life athlete, the stone-faced, handsome prodigy who never said much of anything. News would pop up here and there about trouble back home in Jalisco. In 2012, Canelo’s brother was accused of murdering a rival in Mexico. In April of this year, before the Trout fight, Archie Solis, a boxer who fought at 108 pounds, accused Canelo of attacking him outside a nightclub. Of course, this news was mostly swept under the rug by the television networks who carried Canelo’s fights. And because anyone who shows up on TV enough times can simply point to his television appearances as the evidence of his wild popularity, Canelo Alvarez was whatever Televisa, HBO, or Showtime said he was.

• WBF OG

no, mexico is racist for hyping him because of the color of his hair.  and so is hbo, espn, showtime, and ireland.

• WBF OG

i base shit on his opponents....all smaller, older, chinless, and weighing 155.

no one brings up his 12-0 loss to mayweather.  i don't give a fuck if mayweather was mayweather or canelo was "too young", he lost every single round but somehow, didn't one judge score it a draw or someshit?

yeah, no hype there.

So lets forget the level of his performances and the quality of opponents he has taken on over the past 3 years?? look at the wins he has had in his last 7/8 fights and if you cannot see there is top quality there you are lost to the world!

• WBF OG

you really want to go over his last 7/8 fights?  ok, lets do it.

golovkin...he lost.  draw my ass

jc chavez, jr.  the motherfucker threw 7 punches the whole fight.  he was over 200 lbs and came down a corpse the day of the fight.  you can't deny that.

liam smith...good win.  who's liam smith again?

amir khan.....140 lber with more glass in his chin than a chandelier

miguel cotto...former 140 champion having no business being middleweight champion.

james kirkland....nice ko after long layoff for kirkland 

lara....no one won that shit fest

should i go on?

angulo....a nobody who threw 1 more punch than chavez did.  you notice a trend when he fights mexicans?  they don't throw back

mayweather....lost 12-0