Ohara Davies is Ready: Jack Catterall is Next on My Hitlist!

JosueB

• WBF OG

By Elliot Foster

Ohara Davies claimed yet another title with a stoppage victory.

The 26-year-old beat the WBC International super-lightweight champion Paul Kamanga.

Davies, who was set to face Josh Leather, handled the late change of opponent really well, ending the challenge of the Lithuanian-based Congolese fighter in the second of 12 scheduled rounds at the O2 Arena, exclusively live on BT Sport and BoxNation.

“I came into this fight quite nervous because I’ve not fought on TV for about seven months now,” Davies, who featured as part of the supporting cast to Martin Murray’s WBC Silver middleweight title challenge against Texas-based Mexican Roberto Garcia, said in the aftermath. “I’ve not had any time off and I’ve been working for this fight since the start of this year.

“I’m going to have a few days off now because I’m really pleased and I think I deserve it.

“I’m smart and tactical and like to slow down my opponents and take over.”

Davies then called out Jack Catterall, who takes on Tyrone McKenna in a defence of his WBO Inter-Continental super-lightweight title on June 30 at the SSE Arena in Belfast, Northern Ireland, on a Mick Conlan-topped card which is also set to be aired exclusively live on BT Sport and BoxNation.

“I’m back from under the bus because Frank Warren gave me life, but Catterall’s next on my hitlist once he beats McKenna quite easily like he should do.”

Meanwhile, James Branch got his professional career off to a flyer with a 40-36 points victory over Kevin Williams.

And earlier in the card, there were wins for Darryll Williams, who was meant to defend his English title, as he faced late replacement opponent Raimonds Sniedze and stopped him in two round, as well as Sam Gilley, Raza Hamza, Harvey Horn, Archie Sharp and Johnny Garton.

https://www.boxingscene.com/ohara-davies-ready-jack-catterall-next-on-my-hitlist--129391

Such a gobby fucker this kid and so unlikable; he is so fucking arrogant, hope he gets his ass handed to him very soon!

• WBF OG

I like what ive seen of Catteral, still need to see Davies though. This seems like it could be a very good domestic fight for you guys.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:20 AM, JoshB said:

I like what ive seen of Catteral, still need to see Davies though. This seems like it could be a very good domestic fight for you guys.

It will be and to be honest Davies has so much potential; he is just such a twat and it puts me off :D

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:13 AM, JoshB said:

Kind of weird how he got into so much trouble just for saying he is a fan of The Sun newspaper.

The comments were made when he fought Tom Farrell in Liverpool; its a long story but the Sun newspaper reported on a disaster involving Liverpool Supporters were a number of  them were killed - the paper lied saying fans were robbing the bodies of the dead fans and urinating on the corpses whist stopping the emergency services from treating the injured culminating in a number of deaths - the scale of the cover up on what actually happened has spanned 26 years and involved the then Priminister, the football club were the incident took place and the Police!!

His comments would have been considered inflammatory!!

• Upvote 1