Shields VS Hammer - All Access

LMWBXR

• Members

Worth a look - Hammer is a favorite over seas. 24-0 and a lot of hype.   Has not fought in the USA much and when she did she beat a Tori Nelson that was not in her prime. The last time Shields vs Hammer was set (2018) , Hammer pulled out due to mysterious medical issues that were later said to be something like 'gluten intolerance' or celiac disease lol.  Fight is back on. The All Access is good. I hope Shields whoops her with some style. 

• Members
On 4/1/2019 at 8:40 PM, JoshB said:

I need to do more research on Hammer but I think she has the right style to give Shields problems it's just a matter if she can outbox her all fight without getting overwhelmed & succumbing to the pressure.  Good to see two big name female fighters square off against eatchother. Would like to see Serrano,Taylor, Hardy & Braekus mix it up as well.

I agree.  Hammer has reach and has won many of her fights using just that.  If Shields has improved any defensive holes I think she will come out on top.  Her training has been impressive.  I know she was training with John David Jackson in FL... They have cast a bitter rivalry between them (the fighters) which just adds to the drama.  I agree, more big name fights would be great.  Hardy vs anyone ever with talent would be great to see - Braekus vs Mc Carter would be a good on as well.  

• Upvote 2

• Members
31 minutes ago, JoshB said:

Shields did a great job. Dominated Hammer from rd 1 on & had her holding on for dear life towards the end.

Yes, this was a great fight. I had hoped Shields would get a stoppage and could see at the end she was trying to.  I was impressed by how composed Shields was, & how she listened to her corner and stuck to the plan.  I liked the combination of coming forward and boxing and countering from the outside. Hammer was not so sassy after the fight lol but I supposed she displayed that she had a chin, lol. :war

• Upvote 2